Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
I am not techie enough to transfer the songs from u tube but for my money ,and I can attest that my kids 11-16 know the genius of the Rock and Roll Doctor, Lowell George of Little Feat an American band of every musical genre imaginable."Fat man in the Bathtub'' "Dixie Chicken" "Willin", now these are obscure delights.I would also suggest "Ride Captain Ride" by Blues Image circa 1972

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

·
Premium Member
3,507 Posts
God Bless YouTube for this one:

(yeah, yeah, I know the Dead are not obscure but I doubt 99% of you ever heard this one. Brings a tear to my eye every time.)

By the way. The Wolf image in my avatar is from one of Jerry's guitars :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Popular in State Mental Hospitals

this was a hit in '64. The entire video is a fabrication, but the song is r e a l .

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I put Surfin' Bird up, too!

And yes, "They're Coming To Take Me Away" is by Napoleon XIV.
:Surrender My mistake. I'm confusing the line at the end of the Monkees tune which is stuck in my head since my friend and I listened to it over and over as kids. NOW I remember the Napoleon XIV song.

Sorry about that - sometimes the dog in my brain gets stuck and won't shift gears and gets stuck and won't shift gears and gets stuck and won't

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Surfing Bird is on the top 5 of my funeral song list. That video is great.

SNIPPED

Harlan,
That's an interesting concept - the funeral song list. I have told my kids I want That's The Way Of The World, by Earth, Wind, & Fire to play at mine, should they make a video slide show - (seems to be the custom these days.) Then I thought, 'Heck, who can make a better video than me?' I mean, I have all the photos of my friends and family and of the best times right here in this shoe box.

More like a 'love letter' to my family and friends than a "tribute" to myself. Hope I get around to actually doing it before it's too late!:D

I think you have a good idea for a new thread: Your Top 5 Funeral Song List.
Cheers, and "long may you run."

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I was acquainted with Jim during my Portland years, when I was playing with Upepo.
I'm quite happily blown away by this, rmak. I will show this video to my kids. What a cool choice!
EDIT: I'm throwing this link into the post in case anyone would like to know more about Jim.
Prolly want to keep the whole peyote thing on the qt with the kids.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts