Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nearly took the Tiger into work today and I'm glad I didn't.
Snow squalls at work, freezing rain and snow on the way home.
You know Winter is here when the salt trucks are out.
Hurry, Spring!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't understand why they call it "Old Man Winter". Frankly, it is insulting to all us old men. Why would they call something that is cold & frigid, miserable, dreary and unpredictable "Old Man"? I think it should be called "Ex Wife Winter". :sneaky:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Actually...it's still late Fall. Winter doesn't rear its ugly head for a few more days.:D

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Actually...it's still late Fall. Winter doesn't rear its ugly head for a few more days.:D
I feel for you guys, but I just love my all year riding, our winters are very mild here and I have never seen snow in my 61 years of life, I love riding in our winters better than cooking my brains out in our hot summers but it don't stop me getting the bikes out, anyway stay warm.

Ashley

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't understand why they call it "Old Man Winter". Frankly, it is insulting to all us old men. Why would they call something that is cold & frigid, miserable, dreary and unpredictable "Old Man"? I think it should be called "Ex Wife Winter". :sneaky:
I couldn't agree more. Lol :LOL:

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
Nearly took the Tiger into work today and I'm glad I didn't.
Snow squalls at work, freezing rain and snow on the way home.
You know Winter is here when the salt trucks are out.
Hurry, Spring!!!
Steve

We had snow here for Halloween.

You haven't lived until you have ridden a full dress solo in a snow storm or on glaze ice. :eek: Really gets thee adrenalin going.o_O

K

·
Registered
10,522 Posts
How about Hot Babe Winter?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just need to get some more heaters in the garage. And a bar....and a wide screen TV...…..and a big leather couch...…...and a fully loaded Snap on tool chest...….and a few more bikes...... and then...…….. who cares about winter?? :LOL::LOL:

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You forgot the buxom, red headed mistress who hangs out in the garage and keeps you entertained.

The good news is they're calling for 52 degrees here in a day or so which means I will get the bike out after all!
I hate this time of year, my hands got dried out working on a bike, a callus cracked and it went under my thumb nail.
What fun!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I feel for you guys, but I just love my all year riding, our winters are very mild here and I have never seen snow in my 61 years of life, I love riding in our winters better than cooking my brains out in our hot summers but it don't stop me getting the bikes out, anyway stay warm.

Ashley
I can't take the heat and ride. With all the fires I would be very unhappy.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Snow here in the.Southern California desert today ! For all the heat and sunshine we get, winter CAN be nasty here. ...J.D.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
High 40s the past two days so the Tiger is getting some miles on before things ice up here in the wilds of central Pennsyltucky.

·
Registered
327 Posts
My Home. Tug Hill, sometimes referred to as the Tug Hill Plateau, is an upland region in Upstate New York in the United States, famous for heavy winter snows. The Tug Hill region is east of Lake Ontario, north of Oneida Lake, and west of the Adirondack Mountain

JJ

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Tug Hill region is renowned for its bountiful snowfall.

Somehow, they make that sound like a desirable thing.
Central Pennsyltucky, reknown for it's copious quantities of rain and unending stream of pot holes created by a multitude of colorful tractor trailers...

·
Registered
327 Posts
I worked in Penn. one summer. I didn't like it. Too many 45mph no passing roads. Too many deer. BEARS !
I don't like the snow and cold but no traffic and very nice curvy roads are great.

JJ

·
Super Moderator
2,433 Posts
After several weeks of great nice weather and no wind or snow, today things changed. It's a chilly 28F and light dusting snow.
Oh well, I would not trade it for back where I came from in AZ for a million dollars. :p

1 - 20 of 54 Posts