Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:???: :(
Thanks for the forum for finally confirming that I've lost the plot.
Not ridden the Tiger for a few months, semi laid up for the winter.
Beautiful day last week so got kitted up for a ride up the moors in Yorkshire. Bike wouldn't start.
Tried everything, charged the battery, the lot.
Spent a couple of hours pratting about to no avail.
Gave up and have bought an Optimate to charge the battery properly.
Checking the forum to see if there are any tips and thanks to you I have now remembered that the clutch must be pulled in to complete the circuit.
Pratt.
Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
On 2006-12-10 04:33, oldgimmer wrote:
:???: :(
Thanks for the forum for finally confirming that I've lost the plot.
Not ridden the Tiger for a few months, semi laid up for the winter.
Beautiful day last week so got kitted up for a ride up the moors in Yorkshire. Bike wouldn't start.
Checking the forum to see if there are any tips and thanks to you I have now remembered that the clutch must be pulled in to complete the circuit.
Pratt.
Cheers
Chris
[/quote)

:razz: :razz: Thanks for sharing that !! it made my day :razz: :razz:
i knew i`d forget so i wrote it on the inside of my shed wall ( start with clutch in, stop with key ) :razz: :razz: its been ok so far.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
And make sure the last person that rode it didn't stop it with the kill switch then you won't spend half an hour looking for the blown fuse......

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for being gentle with your abuse,
I expected some serious grief after admitting that one.
It will now be written on my wall, my helmet and the battery charger for later reference.
Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am now in my 58th year these are a few of the silly things I have recently done which reinforce the fact I am an old codger, they are:

1 Got off bike before putting sidestand down.
2 Forgotton where I was riding to.
3 Unable to start bike because it was in gear, kill switch was on, etc etc
4 Put keys down in garage whilst diconnecting Optimate etc, can't find keys, use spare set and go on journey. Return from journey to find keys where I had left them and where I had looked previously.

I could go on. It's bloomin annoying getting old. The body is O.K its the Brain thats packing up first.

A young lad asked me recently "How many players in a cricket team"? I couldnt bloo*** remember for an hour.

I hope Triumph start making motorised wheel chairs cause I'm gonna need one soon.

Happy days :razz:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I haven't forgotten the clutch lever.... Yet :-D but I have forgot that with the bike in gear, the sidestand can't be down. Only took me a couple minutes to figure out. :) Of course I had an audience to. Good news is I didn't run the battery down before I figured out the problem. :-D

:chug:

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Tigerbob-
If you could clean out all the cricket rules from your brain, you would have lots of storage space to remember important motorcycle stuff!
My standard procedure is to put on the helmet, button up the jacket and zip it to the pants, put on the gloves,get on the bike, plug in the heated vest and the satellite radio......and then remember the keys are in my pants hanging on the hook in the bedroom!
It really doesn't make too much difference that you forget where you're going, as long as you have fun on the ride!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
A few years ago I was in France on the Commando and was having a misfire that I thought was down to carburation (actually turned out to be the usual Boyer pickup problem). I took off the drain plug from the single Concentric I had fitted and carefully put it on top of a pannier so I wouldn't kick it away and lose it. By the time I'd cleaned out the carb etc I'd forgotten what I'd done with the plug.

I was almost reduced to whittling a replacement from a twig when I just happened to notice the plug sitting there grinning at me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:???:
who am I and what are you all talking about?
I don't remember having a pet Tiger,
I've got a big blue thing with wheels in the garage that doesn't have a seat on.
Might use my mechanical expertise this afternoon and see if I can fashion a mode of transport out of it.
Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
447 Posts
:) Just don't watch Saturday afternoon re-runs of Stargate before picking up the spanners, you never know where you'd end up....

·
Registered
165 Posts
It's alovely sunny wintry but warmish Sunday, great for a ride out this afternoon for a beer. Can't go 'cause I didn't plan it last week and I will have forgotton by now what it is I wanted to do.

·
Registered
573 Posts
VFR cut out on a beautiful sunny day in the Borders, no electrics at all.

Jacket off, laid down in the long grass on the verge.

Fairing screws taken off one by one and placed carefully on the jacket so as not to disappear into the long grass.

after some fiddling, fairing panel back on, turn round to find brother in law standing there, jacket in hand.

'Where are the fairing screws ?' says I?

'What fairing screws' he says........... :hammer:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts