Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... just some "input" regarding a "flat spot" in the performance of these relics....I have a fully stock 77 (as you can see on my alvatar) Only question I have is that there seems to be a "flat-spot" in acceleration BUT ONLY after you've been holding a "constant" speed for a while. Upon slight acceleration, there is a moment of "hesitation" before accelerating. Have any of you noticed this as well and is it simply the "nature of the beast"? My old 68 Trophy (back in @1970) did the same thing as I recall. Any comments, advice, input? Thanks anyway. aL :???:

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On 2007-01-14 09:55, GrandPaulZ wrote:
Slow fuel flow / low float level can contribute to that.

What happens is that at speed, you are actually running lean, then when you accelerate, you REALLY lean out.
So, this is not just "the nature of the beast"? Plugs burn nearly perfectly. Boyer ig. (although ran the SAME with points), New carbs. Perfect, smooth idle. It's not "serious" just "annoying". New fuel lines, cleaned tank/pet cocks...timing seems right on. :???: Any other ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts