Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
My response was directed towards the OP...
Oh boy.. I gotta tell ya', this is why I hate posting my opinion or experience sometimes.
I am calm. I am expressing my feelings on the issue. I ordered something that they stated was in stock. A set of black Hyde M bars to be exact. And a set of white grips. They sent me the grips, charged me 3 times the shipping price and offered no explanation. When I did e mail them, I was told that they will only charge me a smaller fee on the shipping for the bars when they get shipped to me but they currently don't have them in stock!!!...and it should be 2 weeks. It's been almost 3 now.
I intended to do business with them and if I knew that they didn't have them in stock I would have went elsewhere. No biggy...but thanks for the part about them not running off with my cash. I honestly thought they were waiting for my 100 bucks before they decided to close shop....:p

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Sorry, long post :)

I have bought and sold lots of stuff over the years, but get this one:

I saw a rear trunk spoiler (wing, OEM) on Ebay that I wanted for my BMW M3. Contacted the seller via email, worked out a price and paid. I noticed when looking at the invocie on Paypal the address of the seller was kind of funky so I googled it. It is a military base in Germany, but the seller's address on ebay has a Maryland. So, I called the phone number found on the Paypal invoice and got the guy's dad, an older gentleman. Said his son was in Germany. Cool, things matching up.

OK, so, about 10 days goes by and I have not heard anything from the seller, so I email him asking when the wing had been shipped. He responds (that was a good thing;-) that he would be getting it out in a few days, no worries, he says. Hmmm, I always ship within24 hours of a purchase, but that's just me.

So, a few more days go by and no word. I go to ebay and click on his feedback and get this, he had just recieved feedback from a seller who sold him the wing I bought. No big deal, I get it, a profit. Here's the problem, he listed, sold and took payment on an item he had not even purchased yet himslef! I had to laugh . . . still don't have the wing yet. Can't wait to see what this one looks like! Luckily it was under $200- Anymore, I don't send payment for online purchases for an amount more than I am willing to "write-off."

Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Again, I received my order. I was NOT complaining, all I wanted to know was, since I had never ordered from them before, was it their policy to not send a conformation of the order as most do, that's it. They did not but, my order showed up 5 days later so, all is good.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Again, I received my order. I was NOT complaining, all I wanted to know was, since I had never ordered from them before, was it their policy to not send a conformation of the order as most do, that's it. They did not but, my order showed up 5 days later so, all is good.
I been hearing ya Bill... I still haven't received mine yet...lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Newthruxton.com track-record

I placed my first order with Newthruxton.com this morning (for a FEK). I did indeed receive an email confirmation of the order (always a comfort).

After reading through this thread, I sent an email to their sales address to inquire about the availability of the kit in my order. I received an email back within 2 hours that contained information about a possible shipping delay due to my selections (lens color). I changed the configuration of my order to sidestep the delay and all is well - they confirmed the change and said it will be sent out immediately.

So far, it's been a positive experience and I'll certainly order from them again.

UPDATE: They shipped quickly and automatically provided me with a UPS tracking number (via email).

·
Registered
141 Posts
I ordered a ohlins rear suspension form them yesterday, they answer me rapidely and told me it will take tow weeks to get my stuff.... the price is very competetive it is half the price i can get them for in montreal.

hope they are real stuff, yes I am suspescius has always wen the deal look to good to be true..... but I am convident because of what I have red here on the forum....

so I will wait impatienly and have them monted on my bike as soon as I can.... !!!! I will share my experience soon I hope...!:D

21 - 31 of 31 Posts