Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I dumped the da** thing again! Each time I was virtualy stopped. I was in the right lane in a long line of cars when I decided to get in the left lane. After carefully checking that no traffic was comming up on my rear, and that only a truck was behind me also stopped, I started to pull out when the stupid dumba** truck behind me decided to jump around me when he saw I was going to....So I pulled out then out of the corner of my eye saw him, pulled the front break in just alittle while leaning and that was it....slow motion all the way to the ground, engine running then autoshutoff kicked in. picked the pig up got on and thought "hey no damage" wrong! bent at an unatural angle was my clutch lever and nice scratch on case (second one). Well atleast it was drivable and I could replace it later. Hey when ever a piece of potmetal is bent at a less than optimal angle,do not try to bend it back! SNAP now what? Called engles at 5:15 in evening and they had one for me for thirty bucks! Nice! Lesson learned? I fu****up and will fu**up again but hopefully they will be so cheap and not hurt to much...Lets ride!..sean....

·
Registered
583 Posts
if it does happen to you again,,,, grap a torch and heat that sucker up till it is willing to char wood, but not hotter, then slowly tap back and then aneal, replace, don't ever try and strongarm castings :hammer:

·
Registered
215 Posts
ORCA, my pride and joy is sitting in pieces at engles right now for over 4500 bucks in damage. Consider yourself lucky. It's kinda like a punch in your prides face when something like that happens, but the parts arent to bad. Did you have sliders on?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
i'm slightly worried about you my friend. the last thing i want to read is one of my fellow thread whore acquaintances go down in a 'serious' way. (like getting ran over)
we lost a fellow under a car a little while back, and it was a bummer to lose the guy in the forums. too close to home.
be careful man.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I agree with zoo, I'd hate to hear about you eating sh!t in a bad way. On the other hand, it seems that you're getting your accidents outta the way with relatively minor injury and damage. You may be getting it over with in a good way.

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
dang you Orca, quit drop'n that thang! :hammer: As the others said though, atleast they haven't been bad, and maybe yer just git'n yer's outta the way, the easy way! :-D Best of luck on repairs Sean, hope it doesn't cost ya much more.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Glad it wasn't bad.

The first thing I tell new riders is that everyone in a car is out to get 'em. That's the bedrock upon which all else is built.

The second is never hit the front brake with the handlebars turned.

But it'd give you an excuse to spring for some Pazzos.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Glad yer ok mate, but geez, ya been down more times than a cheap hooker on 50c night. :-D

·
Registered
344 Posts
not to insult your riding abilities but have you ever completed a msf course?...they have courses that will improve your riding at most levels...you can even take the advanced course on your s3...it is well worth the time and money...you will learn all types of shizit to battle the streets!

www.msf-usa.org

shiny side up! :hammer:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Rear brake! There's been lots of discussion about how the rear brake is next to worthless, but at low speeds the rear brake should be all you need. It will acutually pull you up when you're leaned over, unlike the front brake which will pull you down instanly.
Glad you didn't get hurt and the damage was minimal. Surviving a crash or tip over is one of the best lessons you can learn, I've found when I drop the Harely, afterward I can turn it tighter and more precisley. Dropping it reminds you how far you can go before it's too far. (it mostly feels good because it's not my bike)

·
Registered
629 Posts
:(

It sucks to dump your bike.

But hey. You're lucky you didn't bust up your rad. That***** is expensive.

And hey, look at the bright side. You have a nice excuse to update to some pazzo levers :hammer: :cool:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok You all are right it was stupid! I have been riding for almost all of my adult life and can say for a fact there is always room for learning how to ride better! my arrogance is only topped by my ignorance in assuming that I cannot be a better rider. Sliders are on the agenda after christmas! Thanks for all the welll wishing. My pride has been bruised but my body is still intact! Is that a win? thanks guys! sean....

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
On 2006-12-14 08:03, R100Pilot wrote:
Glad it wasn't bad.

The first thing I tell new riders is that everyone in a car is out to get 'em. That's the bedrock upon which all else is built.

The second is never hit the front brake with the handlebars turned.

But it'd give you an excuse to spring for some Pazzos.
Hey I think the hardest thing to relize is that even if you have ridin all your life you are still a new rider! Thanks for the thought!sean

1 - 18 of 18 Posts