Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love Guinness. I can drink my share of anything else.....but line guinness up in front of me, and youll have to call a cab. Drink of the Irish Gods if you ask me!!!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
You need to be careful! Guinness isn't beer, it's Guinness! I got told that in Ireland. I, too, became a real fan in Ireland, but found that the Guinness there and the Guinness here are different. Can't really tell you why, but they are. I found that Murphy's Stout in a can in the States tastes more like Guinness on tap in Ireland than Guiness in a can or bottle on this side of the pond.

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Once a year for the past four years a couple of buddies and I ride west to Cooperstown ,New York,home of the baseball hall of fame. We check into our hotel and head into town to this pizza joint that allows you to BYOB bring your own beer. We always pick up a few six packs of Yueiling and there gone before the pizza.They don't sell Yueiling where i live,but i always look forward to hitting the packy when we're out that way. http://www.yuengling.com/

·
Registered
60 Posts
+1 on the guinness. I like any kind of dark beer or stout. Living in New England is pretty sweet when it comes to beer, a ton of micro breweries around, Long Trail, Harpoon, Cape Cod Brewery a lot of others too. Nothing like getting the beer fresh from the brewery thats always been a favorite of mine.

Ive been saving up for new tires and an oil change for the scrambler so ive been drinking the good ol silver bullett lately ha

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
You need to be careful! Guinness isn't beer, it's Guinness! I got told that in Ireland. I, too, became a real fan in Ireland, but found that the Guinness there and the Guinness here are different. Can't really tell you why, but they are. I found that Murphy's Stout in a can in the States tastes more like Guinness on tap in Ireland than Guiness in a can or bottle on this side of the pond.
The Guinness draught poured in Ireland is Mother's Milk, the Nectar of the Gods. :) Mulligan's in Dublin serves one of the best.
It's hard to find a very good Guinness in the US but some Irish bars in NY do a good job.

That being said, Yuengling makes a good American beer. And Shiner Bock, mmmm. :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Orval. Hands down. There is no better beer anywhere in the world.

There are many other good beers and great beers, but there is only one Orval.

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
What is all the hoopla with Yuengling? We have had it here for quite some time and I personally don't think it is any better than any other domestic beer. It must be the cool thing to drink, kinda like coors was back several years ago.

I personally prefer the Happy People brown ale and pale ale made and served only at The Grill on Southside(walking distance from me)

Back in the 50's Schlitz was the cool thing to drink now everybody say, oh gross that's awful but it aint that much different than yuengling.

·
Registered
271 Posts
i love the mexican dark beers- XXX & BOHEMIA. back in the day (70's) they cost $.o6 a bottle in Mexico.made a 10 day spring break trip to acapulco then, spent ONLY $80.00 , me and my 2 mates managed to drink 100's of bottles, and a pound of gold only set back 10.00 !wooooooo weeeeeee some fun..............

·
Banned
2,731 Posts
1) FREE
2) COLD

Doesn't need to be in that order.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sam Adams
Harpoon
Okanagon Spring
Rickards Red

I'm pretty regional, always try and drink good local beers. The above being that I spent a few years in New England, and the rest in Vancouver, BC.

·
Premium Member
17,487 Posts
Guinness is certainly very good. As a general rule, the darker the beer the more I like it. Most Porters are great; I've only found one I don't like, but I don't remember the name at the moment.

I just tried Old Plowshare Stout. Great stuff!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I concur, drink the local brew! Some of the best:
Lefthand Sawtooth Ale (Longmont CO)
Alaskan Amber and Winter Ale (Juneau AK)
Highland Red (Asheville, NC)

However, the best bet is to fly to the UK, they have the best ales hands down. My preference is Robinson's Best Bitter from Stockport!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mackeson Triple Stout

Been a long time since I had any, but that was my favorite, hands down.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I am not going to say it is the best but I have sure been drinking a lot of Newcastle lately.:)

·
Premium Member
2,434 Posts
Guinness isn't beer, you're right, but it's still a wonderful thing, especially if you drink it in a pub near where it's made and not out of a tin. Tin's are OK, but not quite as good.

Ettaler Doppelbock - Google it.... but it too is better served by the pub accross the road from the monks brewery in Ettal Bavaria (near Oberammergau)

Budějovický (Pron Boudiovitschky)Budvar as we know it in Australia, or Czechvar in North America. Light, crisp and what Budwieser should have been (apparently)

Mick :cool:

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Yueiling is my house brew, but Guiness and Boddingtons for occasions

·
Registered
22 Posts
Try Morland's Old Speckled Hen. Get the 4 pack of nitrogen charged cans, much better than the bottles.

·
Premium Member
12,708 Posts
Best pint I ever had - driving home from a jobsite in Yorkshire with my dad in the middle of winter, crossing the moors on the A672. Snow was blowing horizontally. We saw a pub - the Rams Head I believe. We pulled in, and found an older pub, big fire, old spaniel lying in front of fire, big wooden settles, and behind the bar wooden casks with spigots punched into them.

We had a couple pints of Theakston's Old Peculiar straight from the cask. Absolute nectar in a glass.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts