Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
When I was 16 back in the early 70's we could only get a licence for 50cc motorcycles. Cars and "big bikes" were only available at 18 unlike you guys in the US. I had a right side shifting Ducati 50 and it was quick (Wish I'd kept it - they're collector's items). I was pretty much the local champ - only the Kreidlers and hot Zundapps were of any consequence. Then someone got this really quick Honda 50 and we all got creamed. Only we eventually discovered that it was in fact a Honda 70. Garry the owner had fitted a 70cc cylinder that looked identical to the 50cc and we were flummoxed! I seem to recall it was referred to as a "Dax barrel". It was definitely a 4 stroke - looks like John's 70 CR is a four stroke but I can't be sure. If it's the same motor with that frame the bike will be quick.... AAAAAhaaa the old days.....

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Awesome looking bike.The late 60s/early 70s CL70 was capable of doing 55mph [big downhill,laying flat on the tank],but to a 15 year old,it felt like 200 at Bonneville. Thanks John.

·
Registered
959 Posts
On 2006-11-22 03:37, Thrux-ton-up wrote:
But this is one well executed little cafe racer. I could terrorize the neighborhood dogs with this thing. :-D

Coolness of cool

Steve, gears and such

:clap: :clap: :clap: :chug: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy:

·
Registered
74 Posts
THAT is fantastic. Thank you for posting it. That would be the way of the walk for neighborhood fun and parking lot racing. Not to mention you can just pick it up and take it inside when you're done playing. Awesome.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
That's great! Must be a custom frame, right? Wards/Benelli Mojave gas tank, small solo seat. I don't think this stuff would fit on your Bonneville though, Sweatmachine.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
On 2006-11-22 15:45, Thrux-ton-up wrote:
I think I could take the Pomeranian with 3 legs. JCW
HAHAHAHAHA!

That would make for a great video! Especially if you were just barely pulling away from him.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
On 2006-11-22 08:35, Spyder94 wrote:
On 2006-11-22 03:37, Thrux-ton-up wrote:
But this is one well executed little cafe racer. I could terrorize the neighborhood dogs with this thing. :-D

Coolness of cool

Steve, gears and such

:clap: :clap: :clap: :chug: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy:

You are always on the mark!! :-D

·
Banned
798 Posts
Here's a tiddler that would look good under the tree this
Christmast!!!!

Ebay Treasure

1 - 20 of 20 Posts