Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping to get time over winter months to strip motor down so far as base gasket to try and cure oil leaks, will also replace tappet block O rings but my question is I want to replace oil seals in timing chest ( 41 years old )which is the best make of seal and who to buy them from.thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Actually I think most of the oil leaks are due to the bike not having been run for a few years pushrod seals must be 25 years old. I have read some horror stories about new crankshaft seals blowing are the wassel one's any good.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
haven't had any issues with the Wassel type - in fact i believe (needs to be fact-checked- just my understanding) the EMGO type are just re-packaged Wassel gaskets.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Most seals you can buy in any bearing & seal stores, I just ordered viton seals instead of regular for my Trident as more resistant to oil then regular seals. I bought pushrod seals and quadrings from LP Williams.
The best rocker box gaskets are cov seal gaskets you can get from different suppliers in US.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have noticed when I look up crankshaft seal on suppliers websites it often states crankshaft and points shaft seal are they the same surely crank seal should be higher spec ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have noticed when I look up crankshaft seal on suppliers websites it often states crankshaft and points shaft seal are they the same surely crank seal should be higher spec ?
haven't had any issues with the Wassel type - in fact i believe (needs to be fact-checked- just my understanding) the EMGO type are just re-packaged Wassel gaskets.
Thanks for that I use Emgo gasket sets .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts