Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lower two fins on the left side of my T100's engine are seeping oil. I brought it to the dealer and he has not told me anything yet. My Bonnie is still under warranty so I'm not worried about the cost. Has anyone else experienced this? I didn't think to take pictures.

·
Registered
10,853 Posts
No worries, it happens with many of them. The dealer will take care of it under warranty.

Hint: Tell him to order the gasket ahead so he does not hold your bike for a week. Be explicit. I brought in the bike, asked him to order the gasket, made a service appointment with the understanding that it would be fixed at that time, brought the bike in, and he still held it a week "because we have to order the gasket". :brick:

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
it could be the valve cover gasket (most likely) or it could be the oil line coming out of the head leaking, depending on which fins you're talking about. The crush washers on the oil line can leak. If so, they need to be replaced with new ones. Either way, it's a quick, cheap, and easy fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts