Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
someone please point me in the right direction

I would like to mount an oil pressure guage to my 1970 T120 with a TR6 head, I know it connects to the oil pressure switch off the cover and thats about it. what fitting would I use to mount the line? is there anything else to consider? I have done searches all over the place to no avail. if there is something I should search for please let me know.

cheers
craig

·
Registered
36 Posts
since i have had all the problems on my bonneville sorted ie intermittent fault in the ignition switch which would make the bike miss or stop at random, i needed something to worry about so i have fitted an oil pressure guage to replace my non-working ammeter.

now i can worry about something else. It looks the part too. Mind you the kit included a great mount for the guage but it wont work with the centrally mounted light switch and given the (second) ammeter has never worked it was an ideal spot.

it fitted up pretty easy, remove oil pressure sender and fit line from there to guage. contact '[email protected]' for information on the options they have.

·
Registered
72 Posts
its been a while but i believe the thread to be 1/8th NPT at the case. all i did was remove the stock pressure switch and installed a clear pvc stainless steel braided brake line that runs from the motor up to the gauge.

some brake lines have what is called "AN fittings" you may need a adapter that changes it back to NPT fittings.

Lastly use a small amount of Teflon tape and make sure its wound in the proper direction and not blocking the hole and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks crazywelder.

So I think I have tracked down the 1/8 - 27 tapered fitting I need for the timing cover and a mooneyes 1 1/2 gauge.

there is no sending unit required is there? if I understand correctly I just run the line from the fitting straight to the gauge. no sending unit required?

please forgive my ignorance. I am new, slow and often seen walking into walls.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this forum is incredible. I love you guys. now I am off to try and make a bracket for the gauge to mount to.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts