Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all. I apologize if this question has come up before, but can someone tell me if they have shortened the braided oil cooler line on their Hinkley 790 Bonnie? I just noticed that the line on my '02 hangs right next to one of the exhaust pipes and wonder if that could cause the oil to get hotter than it should. I don't "race" the bike. I keep it under 65-70 for the most part. Thanks!!

·
Registered
11,084 Posts
Mine is also just a few millimeters from the header. It's hard to imagine how that could significantly heat the oil, if at all. There's major air flow and major oil flow going on there, and besides, you have an oil cooler.

Just make sure that it doesn't touch the header, for fear of damaging the line.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies and putting my mind at ease. The clearance between the header and the oil line is sufficient, it would seem, to not be a cause for concern.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.