Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oh no here we go, another tread about oil for a scrambler:D But, i need comments from Aussie scrambler riders and or bonnie riders, mainly for our conditions. I've been using motul 3100 GOLD (15-50) but i feel my shifting action is becoming not as smooth. So i thought about going to a 10-40 or 10-50. Are u aussie guys using this grade? If so what brand, castrol, motul or fuchs? I would prefer to stay with a semi-syn instead of a full syn, so i know the above 3 cater for that. Anyone had a go at all 3?

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
oh no here we go, another tread about oil
I use Motul 5100 10W-50 tecnosynth in both bikes and have for years. I have it in my Sprint RS and it gets a much harder life than the Thruxton.

On the Sprint it is fast, 2 up, high revs, up Mt Glorious and back :D and I change the oil and fresh filter every 5000 kilometres.

I can't believe that I am adding to an oil thread .... oh! the indignity of it all!!

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
I am using Silkolene comp 4 10w-40 and have been for over 50,000 kilometers in mine and change every 7,500 kilometers

you can get it from supercrap, often on special

·
Registered
39 Posts
G'day Warnzie I use Penrite HPR Gas10 (10w - 50) semi syn and have for years 2001 Bonnie, Penrite recommend it on their website. Oil & filter change every 5 or 7.5 but no more than 10 thous km. Pete.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts