Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
being new here, this has probably been covered, but since I'm learning as I go and haven't read the entire forum, here's an interesting tidbit I ran across.

at 300 miles, and being the sort who likes to change early and often on new break-ins... I ran down to the local Triumph shop to pick up a regulation $14 filter...Toyo Riki???...well you just gotta love that...so with "approved" item in hand I did some internet research to run across this:
http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/FilterXRef.html

which pointed me towards the local Pep Boys and the Pure One...they had one short PL14612 and several long PL14610... I grabbed the short and visually checked the thread, dia & depth, gasket diameter...looks good to me...so at $5-6/per, this is likely the way I'll go. I have yet to check Wakmart prices...this filter should be available for $4-ish somewhere...and according to the above link, the Mobil 1, Pure One, and Bosch (Champion) are as good as one can reasonably expect...all things considered.

The previous BMW shop filters were $18...yikes...so I had a friend who owns a foriegn car parts shop I used to deal with when I had the VW shop years back...he got me Bosch filters for $6/per.

just shared this so younz don't think you're shackled to shop prices...$14 for a common filter seems a bit steep to me...but then I made a sissy bar and cut Triumph out of the exorbitant price they were asking for a similar addition.

if this forum thing works out and I don't get booted post haste, I'll continue to contribute these shortcuts that spring from a poor attitude...tho no tatoos.

previous deletions were well taken and noted...I'll do my best to keep the shirt tucked in.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and what pray tell is "Production 125" referencing?

is this like a grading system from the wanna bees?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts