Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that there are quite a few offerings of oil cap for the new bikes. I was wondering if anyone has both and could check if the threads are the same?.

Thanks

Rob

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've noticed that there are quite a few offerings of oil cap for the new bikes. I was wondering if anyone has both and could check if the threads are the same?.

Thanks

Rob
I got a Billet type oil filler cap by LC Fabrications after nipping the original cap. It came with a thick ring to seal the filler and fit fine.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,005 Posts
I know they threads looks the same from what i can see in pictures. But, I contacted a company in WA about a cap they were selling for 2017+ Bonneville to see if it would fit my old 2002 and they told me NO it would not fit. I tried to get some thread pitch info. on the different years form them and they would tell me nothing.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Both the oil filler cap and the gas caps are interchangeable on air & water cooled twins. I tested this between my '08 T100 and '16 T120. I took particular note that the oil filler cap seats fully home and seals to the engine block. Anyone know anything different, please chime in here.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's very handy to know. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts