Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,
I struggle with the oil level sight glass on my 1995 Thunderbird 900 and have been trawling ebay etc. looking for a replacement cap which includes a dipstick. I am sure I am not alone and wondered if any one knows of an after-market company that has produced replacement cap dipsticks for this model?
Many thanks for any responses in advance.
Ian Crichton (Aberdeen)

·
Premium Member
5,170 Posts
There is no way an oil dipstick could work in the filler orifice, the clutch would get in the way.

Early T300 bikes had a dipstick in the sprocket cover. If you have the relevant opening in the crankcase (later bikes don't, yours should) that would be the way to go.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have always wondered why if you are going to use a sight glass for checking the oil it was not positioned to read while setting on the side stand.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
I have always wondered why if you are going to use a sight glass for checking the oil it was not positioned to read while setting on the side stand.
I have a stock T-bird with the stock tire size and no centerstand I made up a block of wood aprx.2 11/16"x9"x9" to put underneath of the side stand to check the oil.I started with a scrap 2"x10" and screwed different thicknesses of plywood to it to get the bike to set level but not want to fall over.Cheap to make easy to store and no worries of the bike falling over when checking the oil.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts