Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what our readers have done to improve the ride with their OIF models.
I'm happy with the ride from my rear Hagon shocks but find the front forks don't compliment this ride (too firm). I'm currently using standard front springs and 15 grade fork oil. Just wondering if progressive springs and 10-grade fork oil will improve my ride before I splash out on these items?
Oh btw, my current K81 tyre pressures are 21 psi front and 25 psi rear if that helps?
Thanks
John Quinnell
Sydney Australia
1971 TR6R

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
I put in progressive rate springs the year after I bought mine new. No complaints.

No matter what it done it is not even in the same league of comfort as our late model Thunderbird.

But it's fun in it's own crude way.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Progressive springs and good 15 weight oil.

I'm 5'9" 170 ish and ride from just cruzin to a little more agressive. I run Avon speedmaster tires with 26 in the front and 28 in the rear. 21 & 26 seems to be a little light and un-balanced. The difference in the 2 pressures shouldn't be more than 2lbs. IMO.

TD
'72 TR-6R

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Progressive springs,new seals ,fresh oil (forget the weight) and phenolic O rings.Much better now....oh and I cleaned the 30 years of guck out and made sure the dampner rods were clean where the oil pushs through.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts