Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

i am thinking on upgrading the front suspension of my 2010 s3, i am thinking on a quality ohlins fork set but i am concerned about the kind of wheel retention system, the forks i am getting have the ducati system, if i can call ducati system, but will i need a new front wheel?

the brake calipers i think will be a straight swap the yokes maybe machined to fit the ohlins forks but regarding the wheel dont really have a clue how it works comparing to the system triumph uses to retain the wheel

any ideas on this? believe me the bike will look amazing whit these forks, and probably the only one in the world to have this, i guess i am crazy enough

·
Registered
148 Posts
With the ducati stanchions? youll probably have to run a duc wheel and axle. The calipers may not match ip either, so you might need those and the rotors for the duc wheel. In the long run, unless the forks are a steal, it may be cheaper to buy triumph stanchions, or triumph specific ohlins.

Sent from my MB855 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
882 Posts
It might make a little difference with the Ohlins outers and inners but would we really notice it?

Not unless we are really pushing the bike 100%.

Perhaps do the Ohlins internals, rebound on one leg and compression on the other leg? Not sure how they do it. Anyways, having the Ohlins internals will match your Ohlins rear shock and be super pimp! It might not be as showy as a gold Ohlins fork but will perform as good as you need it. ...and really it's more custom to have Ohlins internals than a whole fork...dontcha think!?!?? :)

Plus...all that gold will slow you down! Everyone knows BLACK is the fastest color!!! Just ask Lordflash and DieselGeek!!!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With the ducati stanchions? youll probably have to run a duc wheel and axle. The calipers may not match ip either, so you might need those and the rotors for the duc wheel. In the long run, unless the forks are a steal, it may be cheaper to buy triumph stanchions, or triumph specific ohlins.

Sent from my MB855 using Motorcycle.com Free App
the forks are a steal price, and i dont mind getting a ducati wheel and axle off ebay, what i was not counting was the brembo calipers wouldnt fit, i see the brembo calipers fit on standart ohlins for ducati forks, but on these forks i am not sure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi. I am in the process of doing the samething with my 2009. I am on the lookout for some Ohlins forks. I will be using BST rims along with Carbon ceramic rotors. I have gotten myself new race brembo calipers to complete the set up. I would like to hear from you on your build once its done. Thanks

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Hi. I am in the process of doing the samething with my 2009. I am on the lookout for some Ohlins forks. I will be using BST rims along with Carbon ceramic rotors. I have gotten myself new race brembo calipers to complete the set up. I would like to hear from you on your build once its done. Thanks
@raider1 I will be keenly following your mod, please post up your results. Where did you source the rotors?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey all . My plans to use the carbon ceramic rotors has been scratched. The company I was going through has pulled them for failures. The rest of the build is still ongoing. Will update post as needed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts