Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

121 - 140 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Anybody what to join the new Northern Ohio Triumph RAT Pack?

Okay there isn't one, but I know for a fact that there is a Triumph Dealer in Northern Ohio who would very much like to have a RAT pack affiliated with his store. He tells me that is is generally frowned upon for a dealer to organize a motorcycle club for people that he intends to sell motorcycles to. Something about a conflict of interest. However, if approached buy a club, he would heartily support them.

If nominate to run a RAT pack I would not accept, if elected I would not serve. However, I would help organize and participate. If anybody is interested, or if you know of someone who is interested please PM me with your name and email and I will organized a meeting of the minds to see if this can go anywhere.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Are you referring to Northern Ohio Triumph and Ducati? I'm in Bath (north Akron) and Carl is my dealer. I would be interested in a club, depending on the mandate. I was the president of a women's motorcycle club for many years, and the chief road captain as well, but ours was a social club with a bit of fundraising for causes we liked thrown in. Are there official RAT requirements?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Are you referring to Northern Ohio Triumph and Ducati? I'm in Bath (north Akron) and Carl is my dealer. I would be interested in a club, depending on the mandate. I was the president of a women's motorcycle club for many years, and the chief road captain as well, but ours was a social club with a bit of fundraising for causes we liked thrown in. Are there official RAT requirements?
Yes NODT. Carl is supporting the Hooligans in the Hills Triumph rally that I am co-organizing. After discussing it the other day he brought up the RAT pack idea. There is a Ducati club and he volunteered to get the president of that group together with interested Triumph folks. I don't know what if any requirements exist but if there is interest I'd be happy to pursue that info.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I'll see Carl within the week. NODT will be one of the sponsors for the Hooligans in the Hills rally in June. I'll try to get more info from him.

The response has not been overwhelming.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'll see Carl within the week. NODT will be one of the sponsors for the Hooligans in the Hills rally in June. I'll try to get more info from him.

Dan...I'll do what I can to help organize a local RAT pack.

CarolT...I think I may have seen you last Sunday afternoon on Ghent/Rt. 21 near 77 in Bath/Richfield. If it wasn't you, it was another white Tiger heading North.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Dan...I'll do what I can to help organize a local RAT pack.

CarolT...I think I may have seen you last Sunday afternoon on Ghent/Rt. 21 near 77 in Bath/Richfield. If it wasn't you, it was another white Tiger heading North.
Wow - good eyes! That was likely me. I went south on 21 to 93, then all the way down 93 (great road) to 36, across 36, up 83 (another great road) to Wooster then home, ending up where you saw me. It was a good ride.

·
Registered
612 Posts

I met Carl at the Hooligans in the Hills Rally in 2016. Seemed like a good guy and I have heard good things about his dealership. We started our RAT Pack here in Dayton in 2004. Our dealer Joe's Cycle Shop was on board from day one. You must have good dealer support or your not going to succeed. I think Carl at NODT fits the bill for that. We started slow and stuck with it. In the beginning we struggled to get ten riders to our meetings. We now average between twenty to thirty riders at our meetings. We focus on rides, we support the Battle Buddy Foundation and Rick Sine (our Pack Fearless Leader) puts on the Dragon Raid in September. We have a web site BritRider.com and a pack presence on Facebook. They are, RAT Members and Joe's RAT Pack Impromptu Rides. I think you may have more interest than you feel you do. I'm sure Rick and Chuck Bernitt would be willing to help you get started. Rick's work schedule at times can be hectic at times so it may take him a while to get back to you. Chuck and I are retired so we can get back to you sooner. Good luck getting your Pack started.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Wow - good eyes! That was likely me. I went south on 21 to 93, then all the way down 93 (great road) to 36, across 36, up 83 (another great road) to Wooster then home, ending up where you saw me. It was a good ride.
I was on 83 as well Sunday...rode up to Cabela's in Avon. Sounds like you had a great ride...we'll need to get together and go riding.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I met Carl at the Hooligans in the Hills Rally in 2016. Seemed like a good guy and I have heard good things about his dealership. We started our RAT Pack here in Dayton in 2004. Our dealer Joe's Cycle Shop was on board from day one. You must have good dealer support or your not going to succeed. I think Carl at NODT fits the bill for that. We started slow and stuck with it. In the beginning we struggled to get ten riders to our meetings. We now average between twenty to thirty riders at our meetings. We focus on rides, we support the Battle Buddy Foundation and Rick Sine (our Pack Fearless Leader) puts on the Dragon Raid in September. We have a web site BritRider.com and a pack presence on Facebook. They are, RAT Members and Joe's RAT Pack Impromptu Rides. I think you may have more interest than you feel you do. I'm sure Rick and Chuck Bernitt would be willing to help you get started. Rick's work schedule at times can be hectic at times so it may take him a while to get back to you. Chuck and I are retired so we can get back to you sooner. Good luck getting your Pack started.
Hey! Thanks for the offer of help. The several folks who have expressed interest plan to be at this years Hooligans rally. I hope you all are coming again. We have a Friday night ride for BBQ planned and 3 Saturday rides. We're a bit more organized this year. Perhaps we can discuss RAT packs then!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey fellas just stopping in to say hey, looks like most of you are either in central or northeast. I'm located in Toledo but regularly ride to Cleveland and Youngstown to meet up with the guys in my normal club. If you guys are setting up this club Id be down to ride, wrench and join!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all. I just bought my bike (2016 Bonneville T100) from NODT about three weeks ago. Very interested in a RAT pack. I have a "classic" (that's stretching that word significantly) car and I enjoy being part of the local chapter of that make's club. Feel free to get a hold of me with more info. I'll look into the Hooligan Rally. EDIT: that is going on right now. Will definitely want to do next year. But keep me in the loop regarding RAT pack formation.

Hey! Thanks for the offer of help. The several folks who have expressed interest plan to be at this years Hooligans rally. I hope you all are coming again. We have a Friday night ride for BBQ planned and 3 Saturday rides. We're a bit more organized this year. Perhaps we can discuss RAT packs then!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just on the off chance. I am leaning towards getting the TORs for my bike probably the short ones. If anyone in the Columbus or nearby areas has these on their bike I would really like to hear them in person. I have watched just about every youtube video but I know from experience videos just aren't the same especially for exhausts. Thanks.

121 - 140 of 201 Posts