Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
181 - 200 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
NODT Ride Weather

There was a practice run for the NODT ride. I have evidence in the form of a picture.
Hi Everyone

Today weather forecast for Saturday was 50's chance of AM rain. Planning on seeing the forecast tomorrow and making a call to reschedule or not, would like to know your thought on acceptable weather for the ride. I know some have a longer ride than others just to get to NODT than others. Please leave your thoughts on weather and reschedule dates if needed.

Thanks
Kevin

As a reminder planning on meeting at NODT about 1030, riding to Middlefield for Lunch and RAT discussion, thinking Vinny's Italian Restaurant, if you prefer some thing else please say so.

·
Registered
106 Posts
If the weather does not work out for Saturday, I might suggest for the initial meeting that we schedule a meet and greet at NODT without the group ride. We can gather contact info and locations for each rider and schedule a group ride at a later date with a centralized meeting location. If we want to turn the meet and greet in to a lunch, there are plenty of places in the Chapel Hill area including a Rockne's just down the hill from NODT. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
If the weather does not work out for Saturday, I might suggest for the initial meeting that we schedule a meet and greet at NODT without the group ride. We can gather contact info and locations for each rider and schedule a group ride at a later date with a centralized meeting location. If we want to turn the meet and greet in to a lunch, there are plenty of places in the Chapel Hill area including a Rockne's just down the hill from NODT. Just a thought.
This isn't a bad idea. In fact it's pretty good!

·
Registered
47 Posts
April Ride

Hi Everyone

Weather looks ok, so planning on ride, meet at NODT 1030. I too the idea posted above so we ban setup the group Saturday, including locations.

Look forward to seeing you all.

Kevin

·
Registered
14 Posts
I won't be able to make it but I am interested in taking part in a RAT pack. My 99 Legend is in pieces in the garage but should be back together soon. I'm in Chesterland OH.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Everyone Weather not cooperating

I won't be able to make it but I am interested in taking part in a RAT pack. My 99 Legend is in pieces in the garage but should be back together soon. I'm in Chesterland OH.
Hi, so suggest we postpone the ride. However we can meet at NODT 1030, exchange info and decide where to go from here

Thanks

Kevin

·
Registered
238 Posts
I got out today to play a little Tiger Tag so I don’t mind not riding tomorrow, especially if it is rainy AND cold. Planning to be there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
NEO RAT Pack

Winter ends! There is a novel idea.
I am in N. Canton and I am open to future rides or meet ups.
Hi Everyone

Dan, Carol and I met Saturday and moved forward on forming a NEO RAT PACK.

Came to a consensus on the following:

1) Explore the support provided by NODT

2) Conduct BiWeekly rides rotating among willing members to organize and lead the rides.

3) Discuss with Dayton RAT Pack how they started up.

4) Talk with NODT to get a flyer describing the RAT Pack as part of the paperwork for a Triumph purchase.

5) Friends of members are welcome on all rides providing they follow ride rules like everyone else.

6) Rules, I am asking to submit Ride Rules they would like to see, I will put them together then send them out for comments and approval.

Our first ride is scheduled for May 5, 2018 meeting at Canal Fulton at 11 AM at Saint Helena Heritage Park. The park is between the old canal and Tuscarawus River. From there going to Middlefield for lunch.

Put together an email list and basically just emailed the above.Please let me know if some wants to be on the list and isn't, just email your email address to ([email protected])

Thanks Kevin

·
Registered
53 Posts
Does anyone in the Columbus area have a cable that works with TuneECU I could borrow? I put aftermarket pipes on the Speed and want to update the map. I had a cable at one point but cannot for the life of me find it after moving. I'm willing to leave a cash deposit as I get none of you know me. I just want to get it updated and it is such a crapshoot getting the correct one online. I know it took me a few to find a working one to begin with.

Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I ended up buying a cable. So if anyone in the area needs it I have the cable and a laptop that can load tunes/run diagnostics. Willing to help others if I can. I will get pics once I get better clamps. The stock clamps didn't work and I couldn't find ones I liked locally so I bought some ones meant for cars and am using them but they are kind of ugly. I am looking online for better ones. I also plan to take the whole system off and sand and paint with high temp black to better match the rest of the bike. I don't like chrome.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Anybody in the Akron Ohio area?
Yes - search in the thread - there are a few of us. I'm in Bath Township. Do you do several-hour or whole-day rides? There is a group that will meet early-ish (8 or 9) in Canal-Fulton and ride somewhere on interesting roads, eat lunch, and head back.

181 - 200 of 214 Posts