Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum and have spent a couple of days reading through these forum pages and praying. Praying for the email from Triumph that my long cold sleepless nights were almost over. The wait for my 2016 Thruxton R has been torture.

I own a few bikes and it's too cold to ride. So my pain is not born from the need to ride. Instead it is based on the need to own, my version of retail therapy. Don't tell my wife....

I have a few other cafe bikes. 961 Norton SE MKII (one of only 3 MkII SE) and the only silver one. 1972 Velocette thruxton - 8th last one ever made, all original and unrestored, except the gauges. 1989 Honda GB500 - not much to add.

I have a couple of naked bikes too - old Rd yamaha 125 thru 400, cb1 Honda, Tdr250 Yamaha, and my trusty FZ09. I also have a thing for 250 cc Japanese 2 stroke bikes.

But the moment i saw the new thruxton R I knew my quest for the right cafe racer and possibly bike in general was over. I am now even considering selling some bikes - I never thought that day would arrive. But until my Theuxton is delivered I am getting ahead of myself.

Here are a few pics of some of my bikes - if you are interested - the Norton Pic is not of my bike - I have the BST wheels and the SE version.

Best

Jon

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hey Howsie,
I'm not sure what impresses me more, your oustanding bike collection or the fact that you live in new Scotland... It's tough for a rider to wait for the snow to melt...

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Howsie, how much money have you actually got???:surprise:

Jebus I struggle to keep one on the road, jealous..................... a little!

·
Registered
40 Posts
More pics of the rgv 250 vj 23 please?
Same model as my previous bike...
And yes I were stupid enough to sale her!
Regrets...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rgv is not stock - it was tuned on the west coast and the pipes were built by Brian Turfrey. One of only 3 sets he built for the 70 degree motor

Bike puts out 70 plus hp and is a blast to ride - premix only.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
You are very lucky mate! Rare bike and rare exhaust set.
Mine was not stock to.
Sygaya pipes and Sygaya cdi.
Are you a member at rgv250.co.uk?

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 2 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts