Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used OGIO's tank bag, specifically with the Sprint? If so, how big is it?

Or should I just try Triumph's official stuff?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I also have the Bags Connection/SW Motech set up for my 05 and it works perfectly. I would suggest the "Engage-Sport" size but I also have the smaller bag for around town when I don't need as much space. I purchased these from Twisted Throttle and they are are VERY customer service oriented. They called me to verify what type of bike I was going to be using the bags on because they wanted to make sure that I had everyting I would need and that it would work as I wanted. I would not hesitate to purchase from Twisted Throttle again.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How do those Gascap bags work? That sounds more reliable.

AZWildcat, is Twisted Throttle a website or somesuch?

I apollogize if these questions show my incompetance. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
223 Posts
The system is really slick. The mounting bracket bolts to the gas cap ring on your bike. The 4 screws needed come with the kit. It does not interfere with the gas cap itself and is by far the easiest on/off system I have used. The best part is probably that no part of the bag comes in contact with the tank so there is NO danger of any paint damage. The bag removes in about 3 seconds when you get to where you're going so it is easy to take with you.

If you decide to buy this system, the bag is a Bags Connection product and the gas cap mount is from SW Motech. You can see/buy at twistedthrottle.com.

BTW....The gas cap mounts are brand specific so be sure to order for Triumph.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the same set up and love it. It's a bit pricey but I use it every time I ride so it's well worth it IMO.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Heres how it looks from the bottom. This is the Engage Sport. But all their tank bags use the same gas cap mounting system.

Heres the link:

Twisted throttle

[ This message was edited by: upnet on 2007-03-05 19:00 ]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey thanks guys, that look way more efficient then the tank bag I have/might of bought. Does it wobble around when you ride or is it sturdy?

·
Registered
171 Posts
The base is a medium plastic material. Even when it is very empty
I don't seem to notice it moving. I'm sure it does,but I am looking ahead so I really don't notice.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What about filling gas!? Does it get in the way of that?! Eeeeeeeh!! :cool:

lol, thanks for the help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts