Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fitted oggy knobs (or something similar) to their Tiger instead of full on crash bars ? Naturally the bars will provide better protection but I'd like to suss out any alternates. (ok maybe I'm just trying to save a few bucks) :cool:

·
Registered
705 Posts
Oggy Nobs? I suppose you mean crash bungs/crash bobbins?

After dropping my tiger whilts trying to get it on it's stand when it was 2 days old, I decided I needed some crash protection against 'stationary drops'. I looked long and hard at the bars out there but I thought I'd try bungs instead.

Had a set made up for me because they have to be an uneven length to project equally each side of the tank. They look superb but having said that I dont have any pics! R&G also make a set for the Tiger.

In the case of a stationary or walking-pace drop, where the bike has to be lowered to the ground, I'm sure they will work a treat but if it's a big get-off crash bars will provide more protection, if they are designed correctly, but could transfer some impact to the engine casings.

Jon

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for this it's really helpful. Just as an afterthought can you use the oggy knobs like highway pegs?

Interesting thought about potential damage to the engine from the crash bars. Worth it though I suppose if it saves your body bits. :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts