Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after riding a Thruxton R yesterday, I decided to trade in my Tuono. The test ride really surprised me actually...what a capable and fun bike with great brakes, great suspension and that torque! I know it's nowhere near as fast as my tuono but I found the torquey powerband intoxicating and it is more comfy then my Tuono.....and most imprtant, it will hopefully be MUCH more reliable! :grin2: I did pick up this leftover 17 at an astoundingly good price from the fine folks at Windy City Triumph in the Chicago area! Ordered some Vance and Hines Slip On's too....>:)

Obligatory pics:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well, after riding a Thruxton R yesterday, I decided to trade in my Tuono. The test ride really surprised me actually...what a capable and fun bike with great brakes, great suspension and that torque! I know it's nowhere near as fast as my tuono but I found the torquey powerband intoxicating and it is more comfy then my Tuono.....and most imprtant, it will hopefully be MUCH more reliable! :grin2: I did pick up this leftover 17 at an astoundingly good price from the fine folks at Windy City Triumph in the Chicago area! Ordered some Vance and Hines Slip On's too....>:)
Awesome! What was your out the door price? I was looking at a 17 Thruxton S. They wanted about $14.5k for the bike OTD. Seemed like a lot.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The never ending process of changes now begins. When I first started riding I didn't make many of any changes to my bikes, but now.....well I just can't stop. I know you will enjoy the bike and the changes too.

Yep, lol...already have the Vance and Hines slip on's coming, lol>:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the Thruxton R gang! It looks good on you!
I'm personally sticking with the stock pipes for now. As a friend on mine says, "even with the stocks pipes it sounds properly British" even though the Cone shorty(s) keep calling my name. Ha!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just sold my '15 BMW S1000R as I found the fun on that bike is 6K rpm+. I was breaking every law imaginable.
My new Thruxton R will help me to keep my license.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts