Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Did it myself on our ST3 as the rectifier is hard to reach being mounted right next to the exhaust / suspension. If you don't live next to your dealer expect it to take at least an hour, majority of which is waiting for the exhaust to cool down. Actual unit is fitted with two bolts in front of the rear-suspension and two connectors under the tank.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Confirmed! I left my parking light on, killed the battery, and took it in to get charged/checked. Dealer asked for my VIN and confirmed there is a recall for the R/R. Hooray!!! They did the right thing :) Mine is a 2010 Street R(egular) by the way.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I just got back from the dealer valve adjustment service and they said my bike still shows up on the recall list even though they already replaced the RR right after I got the bike back in 2010.

This should be interesting as my current MOSFET RR is working fine but they may have some sort of upgraded MOSFET version now.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I just got back from the dealer valve adjustment service and they said my bike still shows up on the recall list even though they already replaced the RR right after I got the bike back in 2010.

This should be interesting as my current MOSFET RR is working fine but they may have some sort of upgraded MOSFET version now.
Hey - Can I send you my original SCR-type R/R? You can call your dealer back and tell them you are just going to do the install yourself, lol. Swap R/R's and send the new one back to me! :D

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Okay, after a few calls I now have confirmation. Replacement parts have been ordered by the dealer :)

For those who have had the recall done -- and own the '-05-'08 Daytona 675 with the R/R behind the rear shock -- where are they placing the new unit? In the same place or up front inside the fairing?

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Report back: Recall RR replaced on my 675 today.

Pity that they placed the replaced Shindengen MOSFET FH012AA regulator/rectifier + bracket + link lead in exactly the same place as the original -- behind the rear shock close to the exhaust link pipe. Would have been better in the front side fairing away from the heat source. But then beggars can't be choosers!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Report back: Recall RR replaced on my 675 today.

Pity that they placed the replaced Shindengen MOSFET FH012AA regulator/rectifier + bracket + link lead in exactly the same place as the original -- behind the rear shock close to the exhaust link pipe. Would have been better in the front side fairing away from the heat source. But then beggars can't be choosers!

No worries Deano - my Streety is going on two years with the new MOSFET mounted facing the rear shock :)

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
No worries Deano - my Streety is going on two years with the new MOSFET mounted facing the rear shock :)
Good to hear! I had protected my older SCR unit with a thick aluminium heat-sink mounted behind. The extreme heat radiated from the link pipe in our hot and humid sub-tropical coastal climate is such that on certain of our summer days it makes the bike just too uncomfortable even to ride!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Got a recall letter today for my 11 ST-R. Not all 11 models had the new R/R fitted as stock. Recall treats it as a safety issue - a bit much that, I think.

Anyway, 'phoned the dealer and arranged to get it fitted along with the 12K service next month. The next big service it'll be out of warranty so I'll be back to doing it myself.

Rob

1 - 16 of 16 Posts