Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Making some changes to the "new to me " 14 Roadie in prep for doing some of the NEBDR . Got the XC bar risers (big difference ) to make me at 6' more comfy standing . Pulled out the rubber inserts on the pegs and didn't feel any more vibration than before .Of course crashbars and skid plate ( Triumph brand ) . Running Heidenau Scout K60's and a Madstad medium shield set-up and that's mostly it besides maintenance stuff . Really looking forward to this ride ! As a side note . I got a good deal because it was stuck in 6th and needed the detent plate and wheel update w/only 9k miles on it .

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
A “Roadie” can do just about everything that an XC can do. Enjoy your bike. Got a centerstand?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No centerstand but it's on the lengthy list of mods I'll do over the winter

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think you’ll find the Roadie pretty competent off road, at least with decent tires. Stock tires are somewhat limiting though.,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got lost in Maine and ended up on a steep jeep trail and overall I was impressed with both bike and tire choice . Even factory crash bars and skid plate got some "experience " .:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I picked up a roadie, too. In the process of making it a bit more trail ready (I'd say "capable", but the bike is more able than the rider).
Added some crashbars and luggage. Thinking about replacing the Conti trail attacks with something a bit chunkier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts