Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Like an idiot I slipped on the paint-line during this morning's local canyon run and lowsided the bike. Frame sliders took the brunt of the damage (thank-god I wasn't going fast). Scratches on the rightside engine casing and a broken rightside control plate (where the footpeg and brake pedal attached).

BikeBandit Part # 2408466 (5570200-001), and they want 84.83 + shipping. I'd like to explore the aftermarket rear set idea. Nothing to extravagant (read expensive). Any ideas for the rearsets and sources to get them ?

Also if somebody has the right side stock peg control plate or the whole assembly and wants to sell it, please let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm glad you are ok.... it could have happened to any one of us.

Your bike looks like it's self repairable... The case stratches can maybe be sanded and painted?

Let us know how your repair goes.

You convinced me to buy some OES Sliders for my bike...

Hang in there... it could have been worse.

·
Super Moderator
8,892 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for the concern and the repair tips ! All is well and I'm sourcing the parts. dieselg33k, nice work on the that casing, I"ll attempt to duplicate your performance. Will post the results here.

Tnx again everyone !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.