Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone purchased these? has anyone, unfortunately, tested the crash protection? thanks

item 220405450985 on ebay.
$60

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought these and luckily have not had to "test" them. They installed easily in about 10 minutes.
what do you think of the quality? do you have both sets, forward and rear engine mount? i also noticed they come in diff diam size and cuts. do you know why? what did you choose?
thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
I just got the rear set. Quality seems fine. Good looking considering what they are. I only saw one size when I bought mine. These things aren't jewelry to me, just something to save the bike if it gets dropped. I don't see the point in spending two or three times as much for fancy sliders with a different shape. I've seen the crash photos. They all get f*cked up when you wreck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just purchased a set from OES directly. I got the front and rear set. They should be in today. I'll post pics once I get them installed on my '08 Speed Triple this afternoon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I installed these OES frame sliders. I chose the 2 inch angle cut units. Cut and size are merely preference. I like the fatties. Installation was easy. Quality is A++. I had a set of these on my R1 and they were tested. Results came out positive. The right side is long enough to protect the wider radiator of the 08 S3. The only complaint that I would have is that the front sliders require modification or removal of the radiator shrouds. It doesn't bother me since I was removing those at any rate. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I installed these OES frame sliders. I chose the 2 inch angle cut units. Cut and size are merely preference. I like the fatties. Installation was easy. Quality is A++. I had a set of these on my R1 and they were tested. Results came out positive. The right side is long enough to protect the wider radiator of the 08 S3. The only complaint that I would have is that the front sliders require modification or removal of the radiator shrouds. It doesn't bother me since I was removing those at any rate. :D
thanks for the pics. def be purchasing soon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts