Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm buying a 2012 street triple R and I have 1 question:

Some info- This my first triple :)
I want to dress it, but dealer is stiffing me on the price tag, so here is what I want....

Arrow slips or 3-1 not sure yet.
Arrow sets
Ohlins suspension
Fly screen kit + visor
Belly pan
Grab rail
Gel seat
Rear hugger
Carbon fiber front mud guard

My question is, which of these mods/accessories CAN'T I just buy on my own?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey guys, I'm buying a 2012 street triple R and I have 1 question:

Some info- This my first triple :)
I want to dress it, but dealer is stiffing me on the price tag, so here is what I want....

Arrow slips or 3-1 not sure yet.
Arrow sets
Ohlins suspension
Fly screen kit + visor
Belly pan
Grab rail
Gel seat
Rear hugger
Carbon fiber front mud guard

My question is, which of these mods/accessories CAN'T I just buy on my own?

Thanks.

You can buy them all!

·
Registered
24 Posts
How do you know they are stiffing you? Ohlins aren't cheap. In another thread you put that the price was 13k otd. The arrow 3 to 1 is 1100 and ohlins is probably another 2k. So 9600 + 3000 is 12600? The body stuff isn't free either.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I checked and edited my post, sorry for imperfect memory.

My point was if you didn't know if you could get them aftermarket you hadn't done a price comparison. Plus labor to install all those parts unless you can do it. Research and if you can do it cheaper after the fact then do that if not dealer may not be stiffing you. Also if you do it afterwards you have the used parts to sell. Some regular striple owners may want a cheap solution for adjustable forks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I checked and edited my post, sorry for imperfect memory.

My point was if you didn't know if you could get them aftermarket you hadn't done a price comparison. Plus labor to install all those parts unless you can do it. Research and if you can do it cheaper after the fact then do that if not dealer may not be stiffing you. Also if you do it afterwards you have the used parts to sell. Some regular striple owners may want a cheap solution for adjustable forks.
Even if the dealer does it you should be able to keep your own parts. I know I would...anyways if 13k otd with all those mods installed was the offer I would say it isn't too bad especially since the labor is included in that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the tips guys.

Im thinking to buy the bike stock, If so I may be able to get it under 10k.
Buying and installing mods on my own will definitely be a more enjoyable experience for me, plus I'll get a better appreciation for the before vs after feel, rather than jumping on a modified bike....

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yeah man, get it stock and then just add the pieces you feel you need. You might find the shocks are fine the way they are (I sure as hell do).

I'd do fly screen and exhaust and leave the rest. Isn't the gel seat standard anyway?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just got a quote for a 12 ST3, and think I'm getting stiffed on the price too.
They put together the bike for the Calgary Bike Show last spring, added some accessories to it.
Flyscreen, belly pan, seat cowl, and bar end mirrors. (total value of 991)

I'm in Canada, so the MSRP is 9999, and the only thing he was going to throw in now is the labour to put on the accessories. He told me that they have another purple in a crate as well, so they have 2 (at least) to get rid of.

Not much of an end of year deal, since I could just buy the accessories and put them on myself.
What do you guys think would be fair end of season? I'm hoping to get him to throw in the accessories that are already on there, then have them add the immobilizer (which would bring the bike back up to about 12500).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just got a quote for a 12 ST3, and think I'm getting stiffed on the price too.
They put together the bike for the Calgary Bike Show last spring, added some accessories to it.
Flyscreen, belly pan, seat cowl, and bar end mirrors. (total value of 991)

I'm in Canada, so the MSRP is 9999, and the only thing he was going to throw in now is the labour to put on the accessories. He told me that they have another purple in a crate as well, so they have 2 (at least) to get rid of.

Not much of an end of year deal, since I could just buy the accessories and put them on myself.
What do you guys think would be fair end of season? I'm hoping to get him to throw in the accessories that are already on there, then have them add the immobilizer (which would bring the bike back up to about 12500).
Was it an R? Here in the US I was quoted 14900 for an R with ohlins suspension, arrow slip ons, arrow rear sets, fly screen kit and visor, belly pan, grab rail, rear hugger, and carbon fiber tank protector.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I got my R for MSRP+tax and dmv. I bought mirrors, seat cowl, flyscreen, visor and rear hugger for the price in the book. The dealer's doing the fly screen and hugger when I do my 500 for $40 labor, I'll do everything else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got mine for 500 below MSRP plus DMV and Taxes. I then added the Flyscreen and the belly pan. I'm thinking of adding the hugger, but I think that is a relatively simple thing to add myself.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And when you do, order the carbon fibre hugger that's listed as a Daytona part. It looks 100% better than the the Street Triple specific item and because the Street and Daytona share the same swing arm, it bolts straight on.
Sweeet! To match the carbon fiber front mudguard also..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts