Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm intstalling OEM fog lights on a 2015 XRx. I've been following various threads for the aux light install and for the life of me I'm not seeing the fog light main connection under the tank. I've remove the tank and it's supposed to be there behind the headstock. I see nothing that doesn't have a connection to it. No connector with either a blank or just waiting for me to find it. Any body give me a clue to the color wires, how many or if there's a special secret word I need to whisper to find it? Thanks:Surrender:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured it out. This is prior to 2015. I might need an adaptor or this won't work at all

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it possible to modify a set of OEM A9838017 fog lights for 2013 Tiger 800 and get them to work on the 2016-2016 XRx? The older model has an additional harness and connector that the newer model does not have.

·
Premium Member
3,018 Posts
I have no clue. I've never installed extra lights on either on my Tigers. I think I'd just get the correct kit if it were mine.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes...
at least i did. and it was simple

http://triumphinstructions.com/ProdDocs/A9838017-US.pdf

3. Remove the fuel tank as described in the Service Manual.
I looked in the manual and the 2015 does not have the same connectors as prior years. I ended up using my Denali D2 from another bike. Easy install and they work great. I mounted them om the crash bar. That's where I prefer so they create the "triangle" effect for oncoming traffic. I run mine all the time. Never trust cages!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts