Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something's up with my odometer. Looks like the numbers have shifted. There's a gap between the red and black ones and it's not counting the Kms. Anyone had this issue before?

Thanks

·
Driftless Admin
11,399 Posts
Yup, been there and done that. There is a circlip that holds those wheels in place. When the clip comes off the wheels slide back and forth, and you lose your mileage. I fixed mine, but it wasn't trivial:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, been there and done that. There is a circlip that holds those wheels in place. When the clip comes off the wheels slide back and forth, and you lose your mileage. I fixed mine, but it wasn't trivial:

Thanks, looks like I'll have a go at this. Seems like a real pain getting it apart. It had been making noises for a while so I probably should have addressed it earlier.

Did you ever find an aftermarket one of the same size? It would be nice if I could find a new Chinese one to drop in place for $50, even if it looks different.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Attachments

·
Driftless Admin
11,399 Posts
I use a GPS speedometer now, well it's just my cellphone. But my physical speedo is off by like 15% so that works better. I guess I figured a GPS unit wouldn't track mileage for me, but that one sure looks like it does. Pretty cool, that looks like a good solution to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts