Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this on a dealers personal bike this weekend. He mounted a sport screen, then attached a handlebar mounted windshield.

Like these here

It looked kind of funny, but he said it works great. I guess the key is that it's a bigger screen, that is closer to the rider. He had to modify things a bit, but nothing that anyone couldn't do. If you're desperate it might be worth a try.

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi all,i bought mra vario screen and was not really impressed,so,removed small spoiler part and bought a larger sheet of polycarb and a heat gun-total cost $11 pounds,heated,curved and cut with grinder down to size.at first it kept pulling out hole mounted plastic screws so i fitted nuts and bolts.its a treat to ride now with no buffering and wind noise ok for me,cruising at 80mph a joy.i think a simular mod could be fitted to standard screen.hope this makes sense.
wish i had kept my bonnie with no such probs but the tigger is now a weather beater.ta.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Davyc,

Can you post a pic or two of your modified screen?
Like to see the shape and size of that gizmo.
We have a small machine shop at work, so I might be able to fab something up as well.

Dano :hammer:

·
Registered
228 Posts
I used to have a handlebar mounted screen on a 650 Kawasaki. It was very close to the rider's head but was very effective, all the wind blast was on my back. The only drawback is that stability above 85 was not great, which is why I wouldn't do it again although in theory the force on the handlebars should not be too much different whether it derives from the rider's upper body or a windshield.

·
Registered
72 Posts

MRA from a FZ1 (Fazer) Heated and bent to follow curve of stock screen....

[ This message was edited by: noivson on 2007-02-04 06:23 ]

G

·
Hi guys, I installed a Cee Bailey's wind shield on my 06 Tiger, the shield is 81/2 inches taller than original, it works great and just bolts on original screws.

I took it up to 90 miles per hour and did not have a vibration at all, also I don't get anymore the wind on my chest or helmet and my neck is rested after 100 miles riding. Also looks great as it was disigned for it.

See the site for Cee Bailey's

www.ceebaileys.com/triumph/tigerws2.html

Thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think if you own this bike long enough you'll have tried every screen on the market. The Cee Bailey's #2 was the second one I tried, right after the Powerbronze. I'm using the MRA Vario now and next may be the biggest #1 Cee Bailey's makes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts