Votes: 1 3.7%
  • 394c

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FLY-TRI-GUY

Votes: 2 7.4%

October Triumph of the Month VOTING Thread

12K views 67 replies 33 participants last post by  Admin 
#1 ·
The October Triumph of the Month contest is live. Please read carefully below.

THIS MONTH'S THEME:
Its October. Lets see some Fall foliage, something Halloween or something related to the season.

• The last week of each month, a poll will be added to the thread with all the entries and you will have 7 days (or 5, depending on how quick I am to get the poll up and how well the thread is moving) to cast your vote.
  • You must own the submitted bike.
  • I would strongly suggest submitting pics with no people in it (dogs are fine) or at the least, crop them out of it.
  • Feel free to give a little backstory on your bike. Whether that be the modifications it has, how you came to own it, or just a fun story. Don't be afraid to share your bike's story.
  • If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here.

Congrats to our September winner, @DetroitsOwn!

Tire Wheel Helmet Sports gear Vehicle

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi, everyone glad to be here. My bike was originally a 955i Daytona but as you can see it looks like a 1050 speed triple. I spent about 12 months converting it to what you see now.
The last photo was taken on a recent trip to Scotland, I just love this bike. What do you guys think? I’m now rebuilding a 1978 Bonnie and hope to have it on the road next year.
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

#4 · (Edited)
Fall foliage you say? Okay, I'll post a couple.

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Plant Plant community Ecoregion

This is Hedy, my 2014 EFI Scrambler, Arrow exhaust, Triumph bar end mirrors, Triumph saddlebag, upgraded fork internals, too much more to list, but dang she's a sweet bike. These pictures were taken at about 9500' above sea level, and dozens of miles from pavement.

And she transports pumpkins too.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

#7 ·
Its October. Lets see some Fall foliage, something Halloween or something related to the season.
Hmmm ... here in Australia it's officially spring, which is a season that doesn't exist for most of the country (we rarely have trees changing color in autumn), and we don't do Halloween.

I need to chase up my green thinking hat. :)
Facial expression White Gesture Font Line

#19 · (Edited)
Hmmm... here in Australia it's officially spring, which is a season that doesn't exist for most of the country (we rarely have trees changing color in autumn), and we don't do Halloween.
Spring here as well, but the weather doesn't follow the calendar anymore.

Edit: Picture changed.

Wheel Tire Plant Motorcycle Vehicle

#21 · (Edited)
Sometimes you don't have to go far for a great autumn photograph.

Sometimes you can't. Like now. My '73 T140V no longer starts.

Here she is under a Japanese Maple, in my back garden. It's a small city garden, but very peaceful. Especially now, what with the bike not starting.

Tire Wheel Plant Plant community Vehicle

The maple leaves are half way to their deep autumn-red, soon coming close to match the Bonneville's tank.

What makes this photograph this month's winner (!) is on the gravel, just to the side of the engine. Can spot you him/her? You'll have to zoom in.

The red breast that appears in gardens this time of year signals the British winter is on it's way. A little bit of beautiful red heralding the coming grey gloom.

Mind you, robins are aggressively territorial and are quick to drive away intruders. I moved my bike as soon as I'd taken the shot!

Some autumn colours come with a soundtrack, now, as I sit inside doing this, I hear the singing!

#32 ·
Please make sure your submissions follow this months theme (if you are in a country that is not currently going through Fall, try and make it look Fallish).

THIS MONTH'S THEME:

-Mike

#35 ·
Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Plant
Tire Plant Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle

A beautiful day for a ride in the Colorado Rockies! This is my first Triumph and I am really enjoying it, and I'm having fun making modifications along the way. Before getting this bike I was planning to build a custom Yamaha XS650 scrambler, but a buddy talked me into trying something 40 years newer that still had the vintage retro vide. I'm really glad I did as these are incredible bikes with so many fabulous bolt-on aftermarket parts to choose from. No muss and fuss with a welder, just more quality (and reliable) ride time. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the XS650's, but I just love this nimble machine on the mountain curves. Great bikes showing up here for October; keep 'em coming guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.