1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
I had a set of the oberons, very small and you can't see anything. Also, you have to use allen wrenches to adjust them, they are not adjustable by hand.

They are nice quality, machined mirrors, but I don't have them anymore if that says anything.

Rizomas are really nice, people seem to be happy with them and they are cool looking.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I put on apair of "bar enders" (dont know manufacturer) from Bella Corse. They are full size morrors, not round but rectangular, with one side slightly larger, if you know what I mean. They go on easy, and adjust easy, but I have not had them on the highway yet. I should be able to test em out today
G

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I've got to agree with Sweat. Because they use set screws to 'lock' the mirror into position -and- they do not use optical glass, the Oberon's are not the ideal choice for the street. That being said, they are IMHO the best looking mirrors on the market, bar none.

I just got in some Oberon's which I'll be adding to my Triumph & Ducati sites, however I will be presenting them as "Racing Mirrors."

On a track bike, you really don't need 'on the fly' adjustments. You'd set them up in practice and lock them into place for the race. Also, it's not so important to be able to read the license plate of the vehicle behind you... one would only need to see if there is something other than open track besides/behind them.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Likewise, I do not need mirrors so I can read the license plate of the SUV about to run me over. I just want to know who is back there before I turn my head and check BEFROE I pass. Or apply the racers maxim: "I don't worry about what is behind me, just what is in front of me."

·
Registered
781 Posts
I had a set of the oberons, very small and you can't see anything. Also, you have to use allen wrenches to adjust them, they are not adjustable by hand.

They are nice quality, machined mirrors, but I don't have them anymore if that says anything.
Well put. I have a set on my Speed Triple. They look good but don't work worth a spit. We carry a lot of Oberon stuff but we will not carry the mirrors for this reason....

-brent

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Get the CRG "flippers" They are the best you can buy. Dats all folks.

I think newbonneville has them in stock.

·
Registered
170 Posts
On 2006-11-18 20:08, DrPangloss wrote:
I'm thinking of getting some Oberons but they don't seem to come in 1".
Oberon started carrying these mirrors that mount directly onto the 1" bars. I really like the Rizomas too but jeez, they are almost twice the price of the Oberons!!

[ This message was edited by: toocaffeinated on 2006-11-19 18:40 ]

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all for those replies. It seems Oberon is not so good after all.
It's a tricky business. I almost bought the ones from bellacorse or newbonneville but they're way too large.
You need something that doesn't add any width to your bars at all, and doesn't stick up hugely like micky mouse - there's already too much micky-mouseness going on with the bonneville with those ridiculous instruments.
They need to be 'discreet'.
Anything on a bike that detracts from it's appearance should be as inconspicuous as possible i think.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts