Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
I KNOW THE FEELING..!! I have to laugh i saw a bumper sticker the other day that read; Barack Obama Keep the change. They already have an Obama action doll, must have been marketed by Republicans for the up-coming 2012 Rep. campaign. And the fact that all during the inauguration procession all i saw were side car motorcycles makes one wonder...lol

·
Registered
978 Posts

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Meanwhile, while everyones still distracted this happened - http://refreshingnews.blogspot.com/2009/01/china-beats-united-states-in-achieving.html - Action speaks louder than words!:rolleyes:
trypcil..thats where Joe Biden comes in, everyone knows what a good plagiarist he is ..! Who knows instead of China coping US , we can start coping China.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/01/26/60minutes/main595875.shtml
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2008/08/joe_bidens_plagiarism_problem.html

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
How'd you like the government to manage our motorcycling a bit more, along with our health care. Sorry all, but I don't trust the government to do anything right or cheaply.

"Of course, that's just my opinion...I could be wrong." (Dennis Miller): Jim

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
Meanwhile, while everyones still distracted this happened - http://refreshingnews.blogspot.com/2009/01/china-beats-united-states-in-achieving.html - Action speaks louder than words!:rolleyes:
That is a nice gesture. Lets ignore the math.

128billion divided by 1,333million plus divided again by three years.

Now if we can just figure out how to provide health insurance to every american citizen for 30 dollars a year. It's not a health plan. It's bogus humanitarian BS.

I would love to be on that plan. What do I get for 30 dollars a year?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What do I get for 30 dollars a year?
Dunno, Playboy subscription? But for $30 a month if you're Taiwanese (not mainland China), you get full state health care.

HiD, if the private medical industry is the more cost-effective system, which I know is a basic tenet of the Republicans, why then when the WHO did a survey (ten years ago) did they find that the average American pays more than double the OECD average for health insurance? Value for money, because it's a better system? Ok, then why did administration costs suck up 34% of each dollar spent in for-profit hospitals, but only 22% in public facilities?

I read somewhere that 45 million Americans have no medical insurance and 23,000 die each year from lack of access to medical care. No idea whether those stats are true, but that's a lot of voters.

You don't want a bureaucrat (substitute "state funded doctor" there, which is what you're actually saying, and it doesn't sound half as bad) deciding if you can have a heart bypass, but you're happy having a drug company executive telling you you can't afford one. Hmmm..

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I don't know that I want a bureaurcrat of a non-profit health organization deciding appropriate treatment but I know that I DON'T want a for-profit insurance company deciding what is best for me rather than my doctor. Or a for-profit insurance company telling me I CAN'T ride a motorcycle, or a horse, or participate in any or "high risk" sports.
I don't have health coverage now, but when I did it was a joke anyways...like the eyeglass coverage with a $100 deductable that only covered single-vision glass lenses with no coatings or tint and "basic" frames. You know, the kind that cost about $90 and aren't even wearable by people with my kind of prescription.

The best health care I have found has come from a place where the Dr's are employees of the hospital and have no real vested interest in anything but your health.

Oh yeah, and my Dr there rides a Ducati, but I don't hold that against him ;)

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
Some of those are funny, but I really dislike the "he's not my President" mentality, even when it's applied to one I didn't vote for. To me, that demonstrates denial at least, and at worst, a belittling of the entire election process and the decision making abilities of the millions of people who voted for the President.

I didn't vote for him. He's my President, and while I hope he doesn't do a lot of the things he's said he'll do, I hope his term is good for this nation I love, because the good of the nation should come before politics.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Some of those are funny, but I really dislike the "he's not my President" mentality, even when it's applied to one I didn't vote for. To me, that demonstrates denial at least, and at worst, a belittling of the entire election process and the decision making abilities of the millions of people who voted for the President.

Good post. I completely agree with that sentiment.

In any case, at least give the guy a chance to screw up (or bring on the "change") before we go deriding him (or congratulating him).

·
Registered
3,537 Posts

I didn't vote for him. He's my President, and while I hope he doesn't do a lot of the things he's said he'll do, I hope his term is good for this nation I love, because the good of the nation should come before politics.
Frankly, the decision by some to include the possessives "my, mine, our" is sentimental and rather silly.
He is "the" president. This affixing of possessives merely further separates citizens into camps of for or against.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts