Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 09 T100, with NH Togas, snorkel removed and a K&N. I have removed the O2 sensors and SAI, raised the rev limiter to 8500.

I`m running the TORS map, bike seems to run great (I`m happy) and the plug colour is fine.

On the AFR table of the TORS map, the bottom l/h corner which represents approx 0-1300 rpm and 0-10% Throttle opening. This corner is all blue with 14-14.5% values, weaker than anywhere else on the map, I assumed it was a weaker mixture in this part of the table to allow the 02 sensor to control the AFR???

Is that the case?

I remapped and changed those values to 13.9, bike still runs great but smells of petrol a bit. I want to try and get this a s close as possible without using a dyno, any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
I have a custom map with the AFR table changed to allow for O2 sensor removal. It runs great and no smells.

Have a look at the settings:

·
Premium Member
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That`s about as good as it gets! Thanks! I`ll copy those values into my map and download it, will let you know how I get on.

:)

·
Registered
561 Posts
can i know the benifit of the O2 removal please?

On my speed triple 2011, i will remove the SAI and the pre cat, but what's the advantage of removing the O2.

And if i remove it, should absolutly run a custom map?

Thank you;)

·
Premium Member
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again, I changed the values as per your map, and the petrol smell has gone.

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
Will these settings hold true for '13 Thruxton? Have tors, in air filter removed sai ando2.

Thanks
I don't know, the tune map was made by someone else. The figures have to be below 14.50 in the low range, that is below 1300 rpm and 10% of throttle or so. That way the ECU doesn't look for input from the O2 sensors.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have a custom map with the AFR table changed to allow for O2 sensor removal. It runs great and no smells.

Have a look at the settings:

Just one question. Is this map used with the stock exhaust silencers? any other mods? i'm considering going back to stock silencers and I would need a new tune. Thank you so much for your help Forchetto!!!

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
Just one question. Is this map used with the stock exhaust silencers? any other mods? i'm considering going back to stock silencers and I would need a new tune. Thank you so much for your help Forchetto!!!
I now have a TTP number 3 tune, but that map was to suit an Arrow 2-into-2 exhaust and mild changes to the airbox, just a Polaris rubber bellmouth instead of the snorkel. No O2 sensors or AI.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks Forchetto! Just for a change I took the predators off and put the stock cans back on. I used the original stock map but I changed some values in the a/f. What I did was changed everything that was over 14+ to 14.5 to a flat 14. SAI and ox sensors unchecked since those things are gone. The bike runs suprisingly well. I figure slightly richer couldn't hurt on a tune thats known to be lean. Do you think I'll be ok with this tune?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts