Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bonnie interest

I've been searching for a preowned bike. This would be my first Triumph.

Have a question about a specific bike I'm interested.

I've found one that has less than 15 miles on it. Yet in the pictures the pipes are blued. I have had pipes on other bikes blue, but usually this took quite a bit more miles than the above.

Maybe it sat idling in the garage for more time than it was ridden.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Nothing too unusual about that. It may have idled for several minutes several times while the owner "warmed it up" or just ran it to hear what it sounded like. Miles on the clock doesn't always reflect minutes of run time.
I would not worry about the blue. It looks cool, and if it bothers you, you can get rid of it.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Welcome.

15 miles? Huh? Impossible. How could you possibly own a Bonneville and not ride it more than 15 miles???? Don't worry about the blue pipes. That starts when you drive it off the lot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I never would of thought it would blue just from idling.

I'm going to check out a several different model years; one carb and a couple of FI units.

Hope to have something to post here.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bonneville for sale

Hi,
I saw your post on your interest on buying a Bonneville. I have a friend in Rockland whose husband is selling his 2011 Bonneville.

In April it had 355 miles, but I was interested in the street triple. I'm not sure how many miles it has now, but I don't imagine its not too much more than that.:p

Here are some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm, bluing works especially well with this bike, doesn't it.

Well, I'd be interested in learning what they plan on doing with it, as I am still looking. Thanks

Hi,
I saw your post on your interest on buying a Bonneville. I have a friend in Rockland whose husband is selling his 2011 Bonneville.

In April it had 355 miles, but I was interested in the street triple. I'm not sure how many miles it has now, but I don't imagine its too much more than that.:p

Here are some pics

·
Registered
34 Posts
Oh I just had to edit my post. I meant to say , I imagine its NOT too much more than the 355 mileage, because he doesn't ride it often and they are interested in finding a buyer. You're right the bluing seems to be prevalent.

If you are interested you can let me know. With their permission I'll forward you their number. Either way good luck with your search.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Welcome.

15 miles? Huh? Impossible. How could you possibly own a Bonneville and not ride it more than 15 miles???? Don't worry about the blue pipes. That starts when you drive it off the lot.
I agree. How could anyone purchase a new bike and only put 15 miles on it? I would be suspicious. They always blue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh I just had to edit my post. I meant to say , I imagine its NOT too much more than the 355 mileage, because he doesn't ride it often and they are interested in finding a buyer. You're right the bluing seems to be prevalent.

If you are interested you can let me know. With their permission I'll forward you their number. Either way good luck with your search.
Sure, nothing has changed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts