Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a gut feeling, but I bet there could be no more than 300 or so Legends still rolling in the USA. What say ye?

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
sounds way low to me

·
Registered
363 Posts
Oh I don't know that there's that many. I heard many owners drive over a cliff after having to tackle the airbox and center plug.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Umm....my best guess would be to find out the exact number of Legends sold and subtract the number of them that aren't on the road any longer.:p

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've only seen them in pictures

The tender hearted Godzilla is part right, also I've had one for 2 years and have never seen another. They are dam rare in ebay too. Other riders are probably keeping them pampered and close to home--like me.

·
Registered
363 Posts
"Other riders are probably keeping them pampered and close to home--like me."

Well, not me. I've been beating mine within an inch of its life.

I had a driver run a red arrow and turn left in front me.

Then I threw it in the gravel/soft shoulder down in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Next, some dumb blonde rear ended me in Herhsey, PA.

In addition to all that, I suspect previous owner had low sided the right hand side.

I've got 30k miles on it and intend on running it until it catches fire or otherwise is rendered permanently inoperable.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
The tender hearted Godzilla is part right, also I've had one for 2 years and have never seen another. They are dam rare in ebay too. Other riders are probably keeping them pampered and close to home--like me.
Well, 2 out of 10 Triumphs at the Rally last weekend were Legends and based on some wet weather conditions, they're not being babied.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Number of TT's still on the road

Just a gut feeling, but I bet there could be no more than 300 or so Legends still rolling in the USA. What say ye?
300 may be a US number guestimate - I'd say it would be safe to triple that number ~ regardless of the true number .....I have one of them :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was right on the edge a couple of hours ago

If I would have had a cliff close by to throw the bike over, I would have. I'll just put it this way, I hope I never find out who designed that airbox. I really don't want to spend the rest of my life in jail.

Oh I don't know that there's that many. I heard many owners drive over a cliff after having to tackle the airbox and center plug.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
If I would have had a cliff close by to throw the bike over, I would have. I'll just put it this way, I hope I never find out who designed that airbox. I really don't want to spend the rest of my life in jail.
You just need to take it off and put it on a few more times - it gets easier! ;)

But seriously, as the service interval is so high, you rarely need to take the thing off anyway.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Get rid of it, you don't need it anyway.

·
Registered
223 Posts
This post has me wondering how long parts will be available from Triumph for discontinued classics. I don't anticipate selling the Legend as it is worth more to me than the resale value, the upkeep is cheap and operator friendly, and after 10 years she is still dead reliable.

·
Registered
222 Posts
"Other riders are probably keeping them pampered and close to home--like me."

Well, not me. I've been beating mine within an inch of its life.

I had a driver run a red arrow and turn left in front me.

Then I threw it in the gravel/soft shoulder down in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Next, some dumb blonde rear ended me in Herhsey, PA.

In addition to all that, I suspect previous owner had low sided the right hand side.

I've got 30k miles on it and intend on running it until it catches fire or otherwise is rendered permanently inoperable.
Ditto!
Mine was one of the Legends at the rally last weekend and she definitely does not appreciate being handled lightly, she very much prefers to be treated like the bad bike that she is! :eek:
... and she just keeps begging for more.
Oh, and she has over 53K on her.

·
Registered
28 Posts
In my search for a bike over the last few weeks, I've come across about 10 Legends for sale across the nation (eBay, Cycletrader, etc). Mostly red, and run from $3K to $5K...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Like the rest of you I also needed a spark plug wrench for the center plug on my Legend. I took the easy way out and bought an '03 Trophy 1200 that had a plug wrench included. Cheap fix right?
Flybiker

1 - 20 of 72 Posts