Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, I just have cabin fever. I need some contrast and trying different things. I don't really like em either, the wife thinks they look good:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
:DI actually did the same thing when I got the MAS Number Plates. My wife suggested the vintage looking numbers I have now.

How about a large playing card "club" or "spade" or the "Lucky 13" decal?

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Most of the time you see race numbers on the sides of the seat cowl...they look out of place on the sidecovers. I like the idea of the 'dead man's hand' on the sidecover...

Cheers,

--Rich

·
Registered
185 Posts
I like the number idea. Agree though that yours need more of a vintage look.
BTW - the blue with white stripes is lookin' good.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I think numbers look out of place on Thruxtons, but if numbers are a must, vintage flat track numbers look good. I also think the pin up girls and card aces are played out thanks to the bobber and rat rod crowd. Just keep it simple and get a simple "900" or Thruxton 900 on there in white to match your stripes. Just my opinion

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Instead of just having the ace or cards I think you should use a picture of dogs playing poker. :D

I've seen this picture many times, but I just noticed the cheating dogs have almost all the chips.

Kem

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Awesome bike in every way but for for me the number looks wrong and would do in any font. But thats just my style.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Can't see em. Can't comment. But if they are on the tank I'd say put em on the seat hump or side panels and put the Triumph badges on the tank.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts