Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried them? I was surprised by how heavy the stock mufflers are!

·
Registered
2020 Speed Twin, 2019 BMW 1250 GS
4 Posts
I just purchased one for my Speed Twin after seeing some decent YouTube footage of it. Although it’s a bit of gamble! We’ll see how it works out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So how is this exhaust.. any updates?? Quality and price seem fair. I have a 2019 and hate the black mufflers on this thing as they show scuffs. Also a little bit more sound would be nice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So how is this exhaust.. any updates?? Quality and price seem fair. I have a 2019 and hate the black mufflers on this thing as they show scuffs. Also a little bit more sound would be nice.
Ok so 1000k mile update for the Nuke lil’ boy pop. I have a Motone X pipe installed as well. Both were professionally and expertly installed by DNK tuneworks. I also had DNK tune it. The exhaust is beautiful. I was told the install wasn’t the easiest but was manageable. I’m not sure what it sounds like without the Xpipe. But with it…..it’s loud. It’s throaty. Its rippin. I didn’t expect it to be so loud but it’s got a great tone to it so I don’t mind it. The only downside I’ve found is that there is decel popping that was greatly reduced with the tune but still prevalent. For me, it’s far from a deal breaker as it gives the bike that true level of character. From day of order (nuke is based in Thailand) to delivery, was 5 days. Good customer service.

Overall out of 10, I give the exhaust 8/10. Great style, quality product, good company, great sound and tone albeit on the louder side. I’m a minimalist, so I don’t like branding, but the brand on the pipe is suttle and engraved, it’s not gaudy. I’ve never had so much fun ripping that throttle. It’s like I have my own WW2 fighter plane. For the price,I don’t think you can beat this exhaust.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Awesome! Thank you so much for the feedback. I was wondering about the nuke logo as well. I am often turned off by the weld quality of some of the lesser expensive exhausts and certainly don’t like rivets. The VH pipes have a silencer baffle which seems nice. What makes the decision a bit difficult is by the time you buy the x pipe you are close to the same price as the Zard 2-1. But its reassuring to know that you are happy with the quality and it sounds like the pictures advertised are accurate. There is not much information about this exhaust anywhere. Thank you again!

Ok so 1000k mile update for the Nuke lil’ boy pop. I have a Motone X pipe installed as well. Both were professionally and expertly installed by DNK tuneworks. I also had DNK tune it. The exhaust is beautiful. I was told the install wasn’t the easiest but was manageable. I’m not sure what it sounds like without the Xpipe. But with it…..it’s loud. It’s throaty. Its rippin. I didn’t expect it to be so loud but it’s got a great tone to it so I don’t mind it. The only downside I’ve found is that there is decel popping that was greatly reduced with the tune but still prevalent. For me, it’s far from a deal breaker as it gives the bike that true level of character. From day of order (nuke is based in Thailand) to delivery, was 5 days. Good customer service.

Overall out of 10, I give the exhaust 8/10. Great style, quality product, good company, great sound and tone albeit on the louder side. I’m a minimalist, so I don’t like branding, but the brand on the pipe is suttle and engraved, it’s not gaudy. I’ve never had so much fun ripping that throttle. It’s like I have my own WW2 fighter plane. For the price,I don’t think you can beat this exhaust.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Awesome! Thank you so much for the feedback. I was wondering about the nuke logo as well. I am often turned off by the weld quality of some of the lesser expensive exhausts and certainly don’t like rivets. The VH pipes have a silencer baffle which seems nice. What makes the decision a bit difficult is by the time you buy the x pipe you are close to the same price as the Zard 2-1. But its reassuring to know that you are happy with the quality and it sounds like the pictures advertised are accurate. There is not much information about this exhaust anywhere. Thank you again!
Of course! I was hesitant too for the same reason, not many people out there with them yet and it’s a new new company. There’s a YouTuber that has few videos with great sound examples of my set up. Feel free to PM me if you want the YouTube links or if you have specific questions about the pipes. I can always take photos/video of them up close for you. Let us know what route you end up going though! I’ve never had or seen a Zard pipe in person!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts