Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Paradise

Racing like that and Guinness to drink - how could you want more....:icon_drink:
Looks like good riding roads too providing it's dry - not easy in Northern Ireland!! Really must try to make it to the NW200 this year or next.
Perhaps there should be a meet up point for any RAT members that go? Any thoughts?

Happy rides:)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Thanks for posting Lazarus

I grew up there and the NW200 is the best race of the year.

My elderly Dad still sends me DVDs of the races.

There's a very poignant story about the 2008 racing. Robert Dunlop, brother of Joey, was killed in the 250cc practice. His two sons raced and one of them won it - for his Dad.

cheers,

Dave

PS - I also went to Anderstorp in 1981 and watched Barry Sheene win his last world 500cc race.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I grew up there and the NW200 is the best race of the year.

My elderly Dad still sends me DVDs of the races.

There's a very poignant story about the 2008 racing. Robert Dunlop, brother of Joey, was killed in the 250cc practice. His two sons raced and one of them won it - for his Dad.

cheers,

Dave

PS - I also went to Anderstorp in 1981 and watched Barry Sheene win his last world 500cc race.
You're most welcome Dave.

1981, was only 10 years old then but yes, there's been some great racing at Anderstorp, even F1 back then.
Now the track has seen it's best days and no more big league racing but they do have the Swedish bike races (from 75cc up to superbike) and Swedish Touringcar Championship STCC, Porsche Carrera cup and such plus a number of public track days.
Still a great track but just not up to international standards.

·
Registered
8,112 Posts
Big Cojones !! Great racing :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts