Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got most of my parts for the winter project.

Have done TTP safe start, green clutch springs, new clutch and throttle cables.

While case covers and exhaust were off I buffed them out on the buffing wheel to a nice polish.

Have all the parts for the TTP 904 big bore kit and Cams (Bonneville Performance via WebCam).

Product Grille Material property Rectangle Cosmetics
Font Nickel Metal Silver Fashion accessory

any advice from people that have done it gladly accepted!

·
Registered
Bonneville Black 2011 customised 904cc, 11:1, 813c cams, 44mm Street Triple TBs , TEC 2 into 1
732 Posts
Have fun a few of us installed 44mm Throttle Bodies off Street Triple which work well with the webcams, higher compression 904cc pistons.

Reactions: 12 Bar

·
Registered
Bonneville Black 2011 customised 904cc, 11:1, 813c cams, 44mm Street Triple TBs , TEC 2 into 1
732 Posts
This is Bryan's dyno results which I recommend you contact his as he did a great deal of research and arranging performance components and engineering suppliers and is a great fellow who helped so many.
Computer Personal computer Electronic instrument Audio equipment Gadget

Reactions: 12 Bar

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Honestly I’m not chasing 100 hp. Mostly looking for good hard pull between 2000-8000 RPM.
If I’m at Around 80hp and 60 ft/lb torque I’ll be very satisfied.

I was pretty satisfied with bike doing TTP air box delete, predator exhaust and TTP tune I think it was tune 13. Also running a 17t front sprocket.

Previous bikes were Sprint RS 955i and Daytona 600. Getting older and love the classic look of the Thruxton and ride comfort just want a little bit more out of it and the accomplishment of doing it myself!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What are the details on those cams, where do they make power?
Hey Damiani2,

I don’t know the specifics of the grind but Bill at Bonneville Performance has his own grind with The Web.
From talking to him most of the power is delivered between 2-8k rpm and is geared more towards the low/midrange versus flat out top end.

His speciality is building flat track race bikes.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Honestly I’m not chasing 100 hp. Mostly looking for good hard pull between 2000-8000 RPM.
If I’m at Around 80hp and 60 ft/lb torque I’ll be very satisfied.

I was pretty satisfied with bike doing TTP air box delete, predator exhaust and TTP tune I think it was tune 13. Also running a 17t front sprocket.

Previous bikes were Sprint RS 955i and Daytona 600. Getting older and love the classic look of the Thruxton and ride comfort just want a little bit more out of it and the accomplishment of doing it myself!

·
Registered
732 Posts
I suspect all the Triumph performance places in the USA use Webcams who are well respected with records in racing with their cam profiles

They have done extensive work with many current as well as past Triumph performance providers and for strong low rev to high revs pulling power torque the 813C are a great cam which I and many others have experienced the ridability improvement using them.

I posted the cam specs earlier and they will certainly provide the power you are looking for.......and a great company to deal with....even from the other side of the world they were great!

Have fun with your performance mods!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts