Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Novice Rider Looking for help cold starting 71 Trophy 500

544 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  MarlinSpike 
#1 ·
I spent last summer fixing up this 1971 T100C Trophy 500, a gift from my father-in-law before he past away. Triumph of Seattle referred me to a local expert to help me work on the bike. Full rebuild of the engine, new carb, your name it we likely did it. I was able to ride the bike last fall, but I haven't been able to get it to start in 2020. The bike has been on a battery tender all winter, now I am looking for ways to get this bike started again. Any help is appreciated. - Jeff

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello, welcome to the site. Looks like you did a nice job. First guess is that old fuel has clogged and gunked up the carb while the bike has sat. Happens all the time with fuel that has ethanol in it.
I suggest you make friends with the Vintage Section guys. They can give you tons of information on your bike. I hope you find this Triumph site to be a great place to meet and talk all Triumph bikes with a great bunch of riders.

Everyone here is very willing to help with any issues or concerns with your bike. This is really a great bunch of riders very willing to help other riders.

Cruise around the different sections and find where you fit comfortably. There are tech sections for each of the many models of Triumphs and chat sections for the same. Also we have a great classifieds section that is well worth checking out.

If you want to just hang out and shoot the breeze the “Biker Hang-Out” Chat Section will be the place to stop in.

If you haven't already please fill out your profile. It helps others to know what you ride and where on the planet you are located.

I hope you enjoy the site. The moderators are here to help if you have questions or concerns. Thanks for joining the Triumph Rat Family.

Here is a link to the rules of the site and the classifieds. I recommend that you take a few minutes to read through them.

Acceptable Use Policy

Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)

Classified Ad Rules - Read first before placing Ad
https://www.triumphrat.net/threads/classifieds-rules.578169/

#4 ·
I have never worked on a Amal but I suspect it is very much like cleaning any carb. Those Vintage guys will be able to give you all the info. you couild amagine. Good bunch of guys over there.

Reactions: jgcrooks
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.