Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Bike of the Month Challenge!

Who will be November's Triumph of the Month"

• 2022StreetTwin

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Wunram

• Mark Ambroz

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Tri120rv

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PubLandlord

• MEECHTREES

• rainman123

• snake89

• andpeak

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • tdc

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • 394c

• roadrunsl

• RO73

• Renato Trinity

• Pat350

• rcva

• Matt Max

• 2005_SpeedMaster

• Sacksofphones

• Kensby

• Cfaile

• Stumblesover

• Spdy865

• FLRam

• Mphoto61

• Tkuhn89

• mc.adams

• rwoodhead

• jabocustomz

• Jaffacob

• Cap10xs

• BrisRat

• Tom2toes

• Bamberjim

• Kevin Pearson

• 20 Over

• sidecarbonnie

• obsidian

• Smithsok

• Archie750

• scooterdoodler

• LadyBonnie

• STUARTstorm15

• T.rider

• Triumphil59

• Babaganoush

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • 2WheelsGood

• MikeS

Votes: 10 22.7%
81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tire Wheel Plant Sky Vehicle

A few years ago I decided to get my bike license before I turned 50. So I started off on a Suzuki gw250 when I had my learners. After a year I went bike shopping and rode Suzukis and Bmw's amongst others. When I took my Sprint GT for a test ride it just felt right and I bought it. I've owned this 2011 Sprint for 4 years now with no regrets.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Automotive fuel system

2006 Scram, last carb model with lots of bolt-on goodies. Two-tone tank logo is pinstriped by Pekka “Wizzz” Mannermaa. The sweetest feat is not even properly visible - the clean cockpit with ISR levers and controls and in-bar wiring, all hooked up to a keyless m-unit system with all OEM safety features still intact.

I bought her in original condition at 13000km to replace my first bike, a 64 Bonnie that was spending too much time in garage during the short Nordic riding season.

·
Registered
224 Posts
View attachment 769196

View attachment 769197

Here's my 1994 900 Daytona, recently purchased and tidied up / MOTd after being garaged for about 15years.

Someone has fitted a 3 into one stainless system, not sure what it's off although the can is Triumph badged. Sounds brilliant, real pop and crackle.
There was a factory three into one system option for racing, aimed at the speed triple racing series.
FWIW the headers on all Triumphs of that era (T300s) were stainless steel. Not many people realise this because, when road dirt bakes on to them, they can look very rusty. They clean up brilliantly with a drill and wire brush. Only the mufflers were plated mild steel with various kinds of protective sleeve over the cans (aluminium, carbon look or for the Super III carbon fibre).

·
Registered
1994 Daytona 900; 1995 Daytona 900 Custom Roadster
9 Posts
There was a factory three into one system option for racing, aimed at the speed triple racing series.
FWIW the headers on all Triumphs of that era (T300s) were stainless steel. Not many people realise this because, when road dirt bakes on to them, they can look very rusty. They clean up brilliantly with a drill and wire brush. Only the mufflers were plated mild steel with various kinds of protective sleeve over the cans (aluminium, carbon look or for the Super III carbon fibre).
Cheers for the info LeT.
The "silencer" is a Sebring and is likely a race can as there is very little in the way of silencing involved. It's not marked as race use only though, neither is it marked for road use and went through the mot recently. Just in the process of finding a dB Killer for it.
I've since acquired another Daytona as a donor bike for a winter project and that came with a spare set of headers and silencers which at some point have been painted but as you say are stainless so looking forward to tidying them up. More on this project to come......

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Bicycle tire

·
Registered
2015 Triumph America. 2014 Honda VFR800f 2022 KLR650
91 Posts
Is that the KLR 650 in the pic with the boot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that the KLR 650 in the pic with the boot?

Hi Tom2toes, yes certainly is, I have had it about six or seven weeks now. Never had one before so can’t offer any comparisons but I am really enjoying riding it. I have no idea how that photo ended up as a attachment.

·
Registered
95 Posts
This is obviously not the forum to discuss it in , but I would love to hear your thoughts on it when you’ve had some time to get familiar with it, as I am planning on buying one myself early next year.
Tom.

·
Registered
91 Posts
No worries Tom,
This is obviously not the forum to discuss it in , but I would love to hear your thoughts on it when you’ve had some time to get familiar with it, as I am planning on buying one myself early next year.
Tom.

No worries Tom.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My new (to me) Thruxton R out yesterday before the salt goes down in northern England
Mike
The title should say Ribblehead but I can’t edit it
I lived in Skipton for the first ten years of my life, have been back a couple of times. On one occasion we traveled over Ribblehead viaduct . Seeing photos like this still makes me a little “homesick” I have lived in Townsville for about 43 years so it’s really my home. Enjoy the bike mate she looks good.

·
Registered
Thruxton R 2019, Rocket Roadster 2012
77 Posts
I lived in Skipton for the first ten years of my life, have been back a couple of times. On one occasion we traveled over Ribblehead viaduct . Seeing photos like this still makes me a little “homesick” I have lived in Townsville for about 43 years so it’s really my home. Enjoy the bike mate she looks good.
Townsville looks a lovely place but it makes you wonder about the lack of town-naming imagination of your forbears (actually not yours if you were brought up in Skipton). My forbears, on the other hand, displayed great enthusiasm for their settlements. Near me there is a place called "No Place", and another one called "Pity Me" 😄
Mike

·
Administrator
Test data for Vehicle Details
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Voting is now LIVE. This month, since we have a crazy number of entries (basically unmanageable, if we're being honest...which is my fault), members can vote for TWICE.

Poll closes December 1st.

I’m new here and don’t have a Triumph yet, so feel free to tell me to p!$$ off, but I’d like to offer a few suggestions on the photo contest.

Multiple photos by same poster:
I do regularly participate in another motorcycle forum‘s weekly photo contest. In that thread, we have a rule that submitters of photos for the contest limit their submission to one photo. That way, we vote for the person and their one photo for the weekly theme. In the last two months contest here on T-RAT, I’ve noticed that some members post more than one photo. When they do this, how are we to vote for which photo on voting day? Would it help to add a rule that each person put only one photo in the contest, simplifying things for voters and the mods? (I’m not referring to the obvious mistake double pic posts in posts #10, #13 & #14)

photo roundup:
On the other forum, first thing on Friday, voting day, someone makes a post or multiple posts, depending on number of submissions (that forum has a limit of 10 pics per post), rounding up all of the week’s submitted photos. Just the photos with the member name, none of the fluff that happens in-between (like this post ;)), so voters have them all together to look at for voting.

Just my $.02. Really enjoying this forum as I research Triumph models and their issues. Thanks for a great site. Carry on.

For the record, here’s that thread on that other forum.
@RichRod, did you just volunteer to take this over? In reality, my work load across the, geeze, 800+ sites I manage, has increased substantially the past few months and these contests aren't getting the attention or TLC they deserve. Its getting increasingly more difficult to run these properly. I would much rather see a forum member take it over and tag me in as needed. Letting the community run it just makes more sense to me. If you're interest (or if anyone else is for that matter), shoot me a PM.

-Mike

81 - 100 of 104 Posts