Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Okay!! So finally Harley have something for us non-Harley riders. Concept I'm sure? Rear tyre way too big!

·
Banned
798 Posts
Kinda reminds me of this...

Probably handles like a Winnebago.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
On 2006-11-15 08:09, kwajazz wrote:
IMO thats like saying the Thruxton reminds me of a ZRX.

I dont see it, aside from both having curvey lines.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
On 2006-11-15 01:54, setts wrote:
Okay!! So finally Harley have something for us non-Harley riders.
That would be the new XR-1200. USD forks, light wheels, good suspension, big brakes, beefy swing arm, 85-90hp, 75#s torque.

·
Banned
798 Posts
On 2006-11-15 09:57, TBSstunta wrote:
On 2006-11-15 08:09, kwajazz wrote:
IMO thats like saying the Thruxton reminds me of a ZRX.

I dont see it, aside from both having curvey lines.
Well, those two (Thrux / ZRX) actually are similar. Two current models that throw back to each company's earlier times and are essentially "standards". I didn't say the two franken-harleys looked exactly alike, just reminded me of each other, maybe just my reactions to the styling cues. Whatever.

·
Banned
798 Posts
As long as we're getting hyper critical, that new XR lost it somewhere in the translation. Too tall maybe, it's just not the cool looking bike the actual track models were. Why put on the pillion? Why not wire spokes and aluminum rims and a conventional fork since the look is the apparent goal. I guess none of that would matter since the motor itself is all wrong. And those brakes, who needs brakes!!!???

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
On 2006-11-15 13:11, kwajazz wrote:
I didn't say the two franken-harleys looked exactly alike, just reminded me of each other, maybe just my reactions to the styling cues. Whatever.
Dude, relax, I never claimed you said they were identical.

Harley could have done things different on the XR, but then again it will be cheaper than the Storz bike. I don't look at it as a XR100 replica, I look at it as the bike the Sportster should have been. as opposed to the mini Dyna it is now.

PS. Forget spoked wheels, can't plug them very easily on the side of the road.

·
Banned
798 Posts
Definitely. Mert's bike is the real deal, even with the parallelogrammathingy rear end. Even the tires look right.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
On 2006-11-16 11:24, Redbeard77 wrote:
Back to the Numero Tre V-Rod, who made it?
Redbeard - not exactly sure who made it. I found it on the web with Numero Tre in the properties. They do make some custom bikes and could have made this one - but not sure as their site is in Italian and I didn't translate - only looking at the pictures :-D . JCW

·
Registered
959 Posts
On 2006-11-16 09:33, Thrux-ton-up wrote:
I like Merts tracker. JCW

:yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy:

Steve :-D :cool: :cool: :cool: coolness of cool

·
Banned
798 Posts
Holy Krap. I've never seen that one by Storz. It moves into first place for me. Is that something they reproduce? Or a one-off copy? Very cool.

kjazz.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts