Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike: '09 SE. I recently took a closer look in the area under the speedo/tach, and noted that the wire guide for the handlebar cables had been installed such that the center portion of the guide was pushing on the sheath of the electrical wires under the warning lights. A dent of about 1/8" had been created in the sheath.

I bent the wire guide forward about 1/4" to avoid contact with the wiring sheath. The dent remains in the sheath, but it appears that the wires themselves have not been damaged. The bike was assembled in Jan 09 in the Thai factory (per the T,not J, in the VIN). Upon my receipt of the bike in March, the bike bore paint dots on the various critical parts, but the factory inspector missed the cable guide interference problem.

I should say that this discrepancy (and that of the tach being slightly loose in the mount, due to 2 easily-removed excess washers on the studs securing the tach. lower cover) are the only quality issues that I have encountered in the first 1500 miles.

Now, if Mr Bloor or Mr Hyde (of the Norman Hyde firm) will grace me with a suitable Centerstand, I can and will depart rejoicing on multiday trips.

·
Registered
10,886 Posts
I think that the loose clocks are intentional, it allows them to float a bit, reduces the effects of vibration.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Same thing on my '09 Thruxton. I'm not going to worry about it, as it seems bent around the wire and moves slightly back and forth so is not under pressure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts