Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, it's not a Caff Racer, but I think there are people on this forum to appreciate this project.
The guy started with a modern Indian made 350 cc Royal Enfield Bullet. He used two 350 cc jugs, and fabricated a V-Twin crankcase, crankshaft, timing case, cams, etc, to make a 700 V-Twin. He stretched the frame slightly to accept the larger motor.

Ain't that a pretty bike? This guy's skills make me feel like a Neanderthal working with a stone axe!
Here are the vds;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjZJfr2QkZA&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYlNwsGQ2Fc&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcDrCGJSL8k&fmt=18

Redhawk

·
Registered
592 Posts
lol, that is awesome. I'd love to see that in a triumph-style chopper frame and just watch people at shows do a double take when they realize it isn't a clone-style v-twin.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I want... albeit with some upgraded brakes.

I wonder, would a Thruxton square four...

Runt

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, the stock front brake is a double leading shoe arrangement, and if set up properly, it's not bad at all. About the rear, the less said, the better. Fortunately, I don't use the rear much.
Redhawk

·
Registered
404 Posts
...This guy's skills make me feel like a Neanderthal working with a stone axe!
Redhawk
Hey Redhawk - if that makes YOU feel like a Neandertal, imagine what the rest of us mere mortals feel like!:)
Amoebas?:eek:
Without doubt this guy knows his stuff- that is way more than your ordinary project bike for sure!

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Amazing. Fantastic engineering. Lovely hollow sound. I'm suitably impressed. Why didn't Royal enfield build these! He should sell his idea for big bucks to enfield.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, Royal Enfield builds about 25,000 bikes a year, and sells 90% of them in India. The roads there are so congested that there are few places you can exceed 45 MPH, so performance is not an issue. The average bike in India is probably 125cc, so the RE 500 single is already by far the biggest bike available. At that, RE sells far more 350s than 500s. There would be no home market demand for the V-Twin, more's the pity.
It's a beautiful piece of work, though.
Redhawk

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'd love to see that in a triumph-style chopper frame and just watch people at shows do a double take when they realize it isn't a clone-style v-twin.
I'd bet you dollars to doughnuts that 999 people out of 1,000 at the typical chopper show wouldn't even know enough to notice...

I agree that the bike is awesome, though!!!:D

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I was just talking about this bike on another forum . That and the Carberry Enfield . Pretty cool .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts