Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
30,184 Posts
Nicey but pricey. I bet they're a blast to ride. If I had one - I would ride it. That's just me - bikes are made to be ridden, and I would LOVE showing off a bike like that. Very cool.As for my 401K - I try not to think about it really.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
The pix and article made my Saturday morning. Thanks!

Bob

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
I don't consider myself a bike historian nor do I pretend to know much about Norton's. But that is a beautiful bike. It would be interesting to see a photo of one of the original Norton's (same model) side by side with this modern day version. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry, there's no such duck. The bike pictured here is a remanufactured Vincent v-twin in a modified Norton featherbed frame, with various and sundry other parts. While the tank looks similar to a Norton interstate, it's not the same. (but you're right - it is a gorgeous bike...a bit beyond my means, though.)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That black machine is pleasing indeed. Ok, I will take the Norvin for high days and holidays and the Tritone to get to the chiropractor. It's funny, I used to go to the Festival of 1000 Bikes in the UK in the 80's and 90's before moving to Australia. Lost the plot a bit in general but yesterday, before I found and posted that Norvin story I had been working out when to go back to the UK for a holiuday. Strangely I plotted the Stafford Classic Bike show (my home town), the BMF rally and the Festival. I recommend the Festival to anyone interested in the history of motorbikes - brilliant machines (and that's just in the parking area) great sounds and smells and inate enthusiasm in the crowd.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The festival has moved to Mallory Park over the last few years. I have attended the last few years up to 2007 and it is a hundred times better than in the 80's - Bloody excellent show

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Great post, thanks

Does anyone know the seat height? Or the reach to the bars, and bar width. It is not in their spec sheet.

These things matter to small people.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Do any of you folks from the UK recall who in England was building a Britbike that looked like a traditional Bonnie/BSA, etc, but with a Sportster engine? I'm thinking the name was Greenwood, Greenway, or similar (I'm probably miles off on the name). It didn't have the slimmed-down appearance of the Norvin, but it wasn't designed with cafe racer styling cues.

Bob

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Beautiful machines, to be sure - better to stop this now, lest I need a bib.

On a styling side note, I sent my father, who is not necessarily into motorcycles, some pics of my Bonnie the other day (he is back home in Michigan). His response: "That is what a motorcycle should look like." :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts