Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nice and clean, I really like that bike. Thanks for sharing!!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I'll take two....one to ride, one to put in the living room as art!

Derswede

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
And yes you can own it for a meager $65K and change! Yes it's actually up for sale. The owner makes violins. I can see the precision and artwork of the bike. Me thinks that the cost of a Strad has gone to his head.

Cheers

Jeff:motorbike2:

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I saw that bike in person at the Ducati Owner Club/Moto Giro America show a couple months back. The owner was nearby, talking to an older couple about some race he did with the bike. He was cussing like a sailor with a French accent, it was hilarious.

To say it looks better in person is an understatement. In fact, pictures make it hideous compared to seeing it up close.
$65k is a bargain if you ask me.

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
I agree it's a beautiful bike but for 65K, I'd like to be able to ride the bike on the street. No can do here! :eek: I don't think that there is any bike made worth 65K including the Ducati Desmosedici RR. But there will be someone with more money than sense buy it no doubt. Not to mention the bike has been hammered on the track! Nope I'd definately pass. I race and I know how bikes are thrashed hard. Racing is not akin to longevity in any bike.;) For 65K I could buy several Ducati 1098R's be much more competitive in the same class with much more reliability. Anyway, the motor is near stock and produces only 130 mph on the upper end. I love a Norton but no matter what you do to it it's still a Norton. You can put it in a Lavarda frame, gold plate it with a platinum name plate and it's still a Norton. But to each his own. IMHO

Cheers

Jeff:motorbike2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts