Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of yesterday a new name has been taken by a great group of Triumph enthusiasts, the Freedom RATs have become the North Georgia RATs. The dealership that has open its doors is Hourglass Cycles in Buford, GA. So, if you new to that area or are looking for a Triumph dealership and/or a group to ride with, this is for you.

Also check out our facebook, north georgia RATs...thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Hello all, I'm moving to Roswell in the next month or so and I'm currently without a Triumph. I'm looking to maybe purchase a Daytona or Sprint 955 or maybe an older Speed Triple. Any place you recommend I look for used bikes? I've seen some great deals on Internet bikes in places pretty far away from Atlanta and don't know about buying a bike only looking at pictures.

WOW motorcycles has a decent looking 2004 Daytona. Thoughts on WOW?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Tell me more. I have triumph stuff to share. Where do the riders meet?
We're still working on what we're going to do meeting wise. There is a ride today leaving from Rider's Hill in Dahlonega (soon to be gone :frown2: ) Make sure to get on Tigerrider007's mailing list to receive emails. Also if you're not already a member of the Facebook page go to North Georgia RATs facebook page.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Hello all, I'm moving to Roswell in the next month or so and I'm currently without a Triumph. I'm looking to maybe purchase a Daytona or Sprint 955 or maybe an older Speed Triple. Any place you recommend I look for used bikes? I've seen some great deals on Internet bikes in places pretty far away from Atlanta and don't know about buying a bike only looking at pictures.

Thanks!

Welcome to North GA and some of the best riding roads in the country. From Roswell you're going to be about 30 minutes to the mountains, and you'll be a little over 2 hours to the Dragon. WOW always has a ton of used bikes, their pricing seems to be OK for a dealership. Send a PM to Tigerrider007 to get on our mailing list, and check out North Georgia Rats on Facebook. Our New dealership Hourglass Cycle in Buford doesn't have anything like that at the moment, but the owner rides with us and is a hustler so he may be able to find something for you if the bike at WOW doesn't work out, or one of the guys in our group might know of something.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Welcome to North GA and some of the best riding roads in the country. From Roswell you're going to be about 30 minutes to the mountains, and you'll be a little over 2 hours to the Dragon. WOW always has a ton of used bikes, their pricing seems to be OK for a dealership. Send a PM to Tigerrider007 to get on our mailing list, and check out North Georgia Rats on Facebook. Our New dealership Hourglass Cycle in Buford doesn't have anything like that at the moment, but the owner rides with us and is a hustler so he may be able to find something for you if the bike at WOW doesn't work out, or one of the guys in our group might know of something.
Thanks, I'm following your FB page but it's public and the wife isn't in on my plans yet...hahaha so I had to post here. The bike at WOW was clean but the lower fairing was cracked (not from a wreck but probably b/c someone pulled on it while trying to remove it) and I felt their price of $4,960 was a bit strong.

I'll check out hourglass. I'm hoping to stay at $4k or below and would do something with the 955i or 1050 motor (Sprint, Speed Triple or Daytona). This would be a second bike in addition to my Harley which is why I'm trying to keep the price down. I'll PM Tigerrider007.

·
Registered
615 Posts

Thanks!
Try riders hill in Dahlonega, Ga as well. They get bikes on consignment all the time. One thing you have on your side is it's winter, which is slow for most bike dealers.

Welcome to Roswell.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Try riders hill in Dahlonega, Ga as well. They get bikes on consignment all the time. One thing you have on your side is it's winter, which is slow for most bike dealers.

Welcome to Roswell.
Thanks for the info. I just checked out Riders Hill, apparently they are closing their doors! I'll keep looking though.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts

Welcome to Roswell.
Thanks for the info. I just checked out Riders Hill, apparently they are closing their doors! I'll keep looking though.
Unfortunately Riders Hill will be closing their doors at the end of the year. It's a shame as it's a great place. We started and end countless rides there over the years.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Unfortunately Riders Hill will be closing their doors at the end of the year. It's a shame as it's a great place. We started and end countless rides there over the years.
Hate to hear that. I liked everyone that worked there. Very nice group of people. What about European Tire, are they keeping the doors open or are they closing as well?

·
Registered
607 Posts
There was a guy in Alpharetta a month or so ago that had a really cherry TBird, forgot the year, on fleabay for a pretty good price; about 3k IIRC. Not sure if he ever sold it. I can't find any link to it now, but it MIGHT come up again? And proof that there are nice ones out there.

- Jay

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Hate to hear that. I liked everyone that worked there. Very nice group of people. What about European Tire, are they keeping the doors open or are they closing as well?
As of right now all of the businesses will be closing, they're selling everything off at about 10% over cost (plus tax) to liquidate inventory. The tire guys have said that once it's all said and done they would like to re-open the tire business, depending on how it all shakes out.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hello all, I live in Gainesville, just sold my 07 Speed Triple yesterday, and I'm picking up a 2015 Bonneville tomorrow at Hourglass Cycles! I'm excited about connecting and riding with you guys!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Hello all, I live in Gainesville, just sold my 07 Speed Triple yesterday, and I'm picking up a 2015 Bonneville tomorrow at Hourglass Cycles! I'm excited about connecting and riding with you guys!
Congrats on your new bike. What color did you choose?

Also, when your picking up the new bike, if you don't mind, ask them if they are hosting a showing of the 2016 Bonneville and thruxton models.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Congrats on your new bike. What color did you choose?

Also, when your picking up the new bike, if you don't mind, ask them if they are hosting a showing of the 2016 Bonneville and thruxton models.
I got the Silver color, and I love it! And yes, I think they will be hosting a showing of the new models.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I got the Silver color, and I love it! And yes, I think they will be hosting a showing of the new models.
I like silver. Post up some pictures when you can.

I checked out their website to see what the date was but couldn't find anything. Did they give you a date for the showing....

·
Registered
3 Posts
2005 Daytona 955i

Merry Christmas!

Hey ya'll I have a free tank. Conditions are:
You come get it.
You bring me a useable old coat to put on the back of a homeless person.
You can show me you need it for YOUR bike.

10-4?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I just ordered a set of mufflers from Carpy at Carpy's Café Racers in California, I can't wait to get them installed! I'm riding down to Daytona for the 75th Anniversary of Bike Week, so I should be able to get them installed before the trip.

·
Registered
615 Posts
As of right now all of the businesses will be closing, they're selling everything off at about 10% over cost (plus tax) to liquidate inventory. The tire guys have said that once it's all said and done they would like to re-open the tire business, depending on how it all shakes out.
Hey RumRunner, have you been up to or heard anything about the space where Riders Hill was....did anything else open up there? Wife and I just had a baby 3 months before the due date so I haven't had a chance to ride at all and if I do get a chance it will probably be around August before I get back up there.

Was also wondering if European Tire opened back up as well.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Dragon,

Have you got on the RAT email list? Tiger007 runs the rat pack and does a great job, there's also a great group of Twin riders in North GA.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts